So who's going to migrate their LIVE site to 1.2

Reactions: DRE
The copy and paste uploads the image, but I just had to delete the image that it added to the editor, and then insert the uploaded thumbnail before it would let me post.

I'll probably upgrade.... I don't use that many addons anyway, and the ones Ido use are supplied by coders who I know will be working hard to make their addons compatible as fast as they can. I'll just put those particular addons on hold until they're updated.

I'll probably upgrade.... I don't use that many addons anyway, and the ones Ido use are supplied by coders who I know will be working hard to make their addons compatible as fast as they can. I'll just put those particular addons on hold until they're updated.

That's why I said I am not going to upgrade my main site but a small one that I am working on. I don't use many addons on it. 2 really and they aren't even really needed so.......

definitly not:/
Because of the major changes and the new editor, i'll need to wait till everything is ported

definitly not:/
Because of the major changes and the new editor, i'll need to wait till everything is ported

Agreed... I'm not like an Apple fanboy, having to run out and get the latest/greatest when it is first released :p. I can wait until the add-ons (which are numerous) that I use are updated.

But note that back when 1.0 was under development, lots of folks were running Betas (there was nothing "better"). Randy Peterson's MilePoint (now over 1M posts) was launched as a Beta installation.

I plan to use it as soon as i can download an installation file to replace a forum (phpBB) for a popular civil liberties blog that had to shut down its forum a year ago because they couldn't manage the spam.

So tell me where that 1.2 installation file is. Just lay it on me, man. (60's speak, for those who've forgotten or weren't born yet)

Last edited:
I've tried to keep add-ons to a minimum to (hopefully) reduce the impact when upgrading.

Although I've got to say that every XF upgrade to date has gone very smoothly; in complete contrast to our previous software upgrades.

Hopefully 1.2 will continue that trend. (y)

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Well my name is Micah Impulse :P so I wouldn't be living up to my name if I didn't Impulsively upgrade to 1.2 when it was released ;)

I have done this every time IPB releases an update and anyone who uses IPB or has used it, knows they push out Updates very frequently(which is why I love them) but it also has a tendency to break things and add-ons since they may not be compatible.

This will be my first major Upgrade with XF so I am terribly excited to check it out...and as I said, I'm impulsive :P

I probably will upgrade my site as soon as I can, but I will definitely run it through some tests beforehand, though to make sure my addons work. I only run 1 addon that I didn't write, and it's not too important for the functioning of my site so we can do without it (sitemap, which I'm not even positive I'll continue to use). The other addons, I did write myself, so I'm pretty confident they'll be upgraded if need by anyways. :D

Top Bottom