So who's going to migrate their LIVE site to 1.2

Adam Howard

I've long since decided that as soon as I can download a copy, we're switching to 1.2.

I'm going to bite the bullet and adapt it to our (slightly unsuspecting) community. And give it some real world testing from their "end user" point of view, as opposed to our administrative point of view (I find non tech people turn up things we tech people miss).

But its also going to give me a small feel on how well add-ons and current styles work with XenForo 1.2. I've decided that when I first install it, I'll have everything disabled and from there, slowly enable things and see how it goes.

So who here other than myself is going to be bold, not slap this onto a test site first, and just run the upgrade & enjoy the ride?

So who here other than myself is going to be bold, not slap this onto a test site first, and just run the upgrade & enjoy the ride?

To not put it on a test site at all is not bold: I think most would consider that silly. I personally would, at least, run the first instance of it on a test site, find out what any incompatible addons are (especially any that offer additional functionality that my members are currently using) and then migrate the live site to it.

In any case, I hope your method works :D

I'm going to wait until the its out of Beta and as John said I will wait until most of the addons are converted. Better safe then sorry.

It'll spend a day or so on my local box to test add-on compatibility (and upgrade my code), then it's going on our staging area for when we relaunch with XenForo. ^^ As close to live as I can get right now!

I'll be upgrading right away only because I don't really care or fussed if it did break my site/ add-ons. I got to get some redactor in and on my forum asap since I want shot of tinymce now that i've used the new editor here. :D

I buyed Xenforo today, i'm waiting for 1.2 BETA to install, because no point in install 1.1 and then addons break, style also, etc... Then i will waiting for addons and the style i'm going to buy to be updated. :)

It looks this 1.2 will break many addons (and some modders are not caring about support or update their mods anymore), but hopefully it will also include some actual addons as core what makes it awesome.

I think it's a very pertinent point, however, that although we will be early adopters ourselves and we will be working as quickly as possible to get fixes out, no one really has a right to complain or be impatient if add-ons do not work with 1.2 beta.

You (everyone) can start complaining and being impatient the moment 1.2 stable is released. Not a moment before :)

Top Bottom