So who's going to migrate their LIVE site to 1.2

would love to upgrade but cannot...1000+ visitors a day would kill me if something was broken...

Cant wait for the FINAL version.

@ Dre, dont get me wrong but Topic says:"So who's going to migrate their LIVE site to 1.2"

Not what "Addons arent working anymore " Guess, you should write that into the Addons Discussion, maybe there is more success then too

@ Dre, dont get me wrong but Topic says:"So who's going to migrate their LIVE site to 1.2"

Not what "Addons arent working anymore " Guess, you should write that into the Addons Discussion, maybe there is more success then too
I'm half asleep. I'll post until my posts get moved then I'll post where they get moved to.

A word of advice for anyone planning to upgrade as soon as the public Beta is available.

Don't!

I have had to disable a few of the more popular add-ons as they won't work without an update from the add-on developers.

You can of course ignore this advice but bear in mind you won't be able to get support and you may render your site unusable and/or have to disable add-ons, removing functionality and features.

I'm sure most developers will have updates out within a few days or weeks so it would be prudent to wait.

I suspect at least one member is now regretting ignoring this advice.

Can't say they weren't warned - several times.

I've long since decided that as soon as I can download a copy, we're switching to 1.2.

I'm going to bite the bullet and adapt it to our (slightly unsuspecting) community. And give it some real world testing from their "end user" point of view, as opposed to our administrative point of view (I find non tech people turn up things we tech people miss).

But its also going to give me a small feel on how well add-ons and current styles work with XenForo 1.2. I've decided that when I first install it, I'll have everything disabled and from there, slowly enable things and see how it goes.

So who here other than myself is going to be bold, not slap this onto a test site first, and just run the upgrade & enjoy the ride?

62126287.webp

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

MaxCDN users
  • Purge your cache.
  • Purge it again and again....
  • And when you think you're done.... Do it again.

Took a while before the current js files and such were being delivered.

Working perfect for my site.

Enabled Showcase and XENMEDIA Gallery OxyCura, no major showstoppers on those.

[bd] Widget Framework --- users online block will need updated (but still works).

Top Bottom