1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 So i was able to remove my Bread Crumb, now can i...

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by oO5 Dynasty, Dec 4, 2014.

1. oO5 Dynasty

oO5 Dynasty Active Member

So i was wondering if it was possible to remove the actual Navigation bar from my Premium and Thread showcase pages. The Navbar that has home /Forum / Resources / Member etc. for links

I was trying to get a clean, blank layout for my premium and thread showcase pages. I would like to keep the Navbar for the forum page, and resource page etc. I was able to remove the Bread Crumb thanks to @Brogan for his help. Thank you!!!

If removing the entire navbar is not possible, then its cool. On xenfocus.com he has a page thats linked in the navbar, which gave him the freedom to design it the way he wanted. Does anybody no how to do this.

Xenforo styles (Tab)

Brings you to this page!
    No Navbar etc.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Use a conditional statement utilising the template name and display:none for the CSS classes.

Or alternatively, edit the templates and wrap the HTML in a conditional statement to stop it rendering on those pages.
    oO5 Dynasty likes this.
  3. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Sometimes when we do pages which have a lot of edits like this we'll simply create a child-style and edit the templates directly, remove nav/breadcrumb ect out of page_container.

On the node options for the page you can specify which style the page will use for everyone.
    oO5 Dynasty likes this.
  4. oO5 Dynasty

oO5 Dynasty Active Member

Thank You
    Could you provide me with the code example? Please!
    I'm reading your examples, but i get confused. I'm not good at coding
  5. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

There's really no code to show.

On https://pixelexit.com/ the home page is still powered by XenForo, it's a typical page node.

On the page options:
    Forces it to use the "pixelexit.com 4.0 home" style.

Which is simply a child of our main style:

Then we literally opened up the template PAGE_CONTAINER and gutted out a lot of the content part, leaving the default header/footer.

You can technically achieve what you want with CSS that's been provided for you in the other thread, I just really like my method.