So... I took the leap!

DrCustUmz

So it's been what? Like a decade now since the release of xF? I have been stuck using vBulletin 3 ever since, refusing to move to vB4 and all of its bloat, then vB5 I was like oh hell no now your just copying everyone else, so vB3 is where I have stayed plus I couldn't be bothered to familiarize myself with any of the syntax changes in either newer version, even though over the years I picked up a little and looking at xF syntax I can tell the little I did learn will help with developing for xF. I have been almost the only active vBulletin developer on .org for quite some time, and I just miss everyone for one. I am seeing A LOT of familiar names here and I am proud to announce I have finally decided to make the leap!

I decided to find a version I shouldnt... tisk tisk tisk, but just to try (because I have never actually tried xF) and discovered it literally has none of the bloat and literally EVERYTHING that I have been creating for vB3 and more. My site is still currently running vB3 http://dirtrif.com HEAVILY modified, but over the next week or so I will be learning all I can about the system looking at what is available, learning the product structure. I am actually excited for this and should have made the jump to purchase xF a LOT sooner.

...I'm also happy to be in a community where I see everyone I grew up learning from =)

I'm not sure if I will just abandon all my vB3 projects, I literally have over 100 that have never seen the light of day. But just a few hours in to xF and I can already see it has everything I need. Now to figure out... what can I add to it lol.

Last edited:
That’s too cool, glad to have you on XF finally. I grew up with vB3 and have fond memories of developing on the software - creating skins, template mods, etc. but fell out of it once vB4 hit. I immediately knew the software was going in a bad direction just by the look of the new default theme.

I checked out your vB3 site briefly and still have a hard time believing it really is vB3. :D I hope you are able to find a breath of fresh air using XF's dev environment to release some themes and addons over here, it really is a great platform to develop upon.

Good luck and look forward to seeing your progress. 💪

I just installed xen live but had to leave a link for my vb3 lol, cant quiet bare to part with it until I get the hang of xen =)
moving vb3 broke some things, but.... its time I guess =(

Last edited:
Top Bottom