So anyway...

LOL really?
Without a doubt. The cat people get violent, form online gangs to disrupt the forums even ban people with organized attacks. One political forum ended up banning a large number of the cat thread pscyhos when they found them organizing secret Facebook pages to ban anyone who objected to the boring, repetitive cat threads by using the forum's "troll rating" tool.

There's something pathological about the cat threads on forums. Online version of the "cat lady" syndrome where they find 1,000 cats in a house with the corpse? Scarier than XenForo developers silence is the appearance of the cat threads on XenForo forums.

LOL Apparently you dislike cats. They say that people who dislike animals are the first to commit serial murders. Or was that harming them? Just saying....

Signed,
Nutty Cat lady with two great cats and a great family. LOL

Its called levity.
But it's typically not "levity" though that is one of the common rationalizations. The dysfunctional cat threads are interesting forum phenom. You don't see it with dogs or birds. It seems to show up in its most virulent form on forums that have passed their peak, kind of like amyloid deposits in the brain as people age. Which is why the increasing appearance of cat threads on XenForo may be an early sign of premature aging.

tumblr_l9zdmxti2v1qbcdk1.webp

Apparently you dislike cats. They say that people who dislike animals are the first to commit serial murders. Or was that harming them? Just saying....

Discussion was about the common phenomenon of cat threads on forums and associated online behavior not about cats much less animals. The confabulation and hostility to observations of the cat thread phenom are typical responses. The only animal related thing is it seems to be only the cat threads, you don't see it with birds or dogs, the other main house pets.

Now don't get me wrong, cats have their place.

ps289496_l.jpg

Cat mummy. British Museum.

I had a cat that lived 22 years. She was our son's cat and when he left us we had to take care of her. My wife didn't like cats and I was ok with them. Anyway, she would get up on my chest and stare at me until I wake so I could feed her. She did that every morning until she died 14 years later. When she did finally pass away, at a size where she seemed no more than an inch across the waist, my wife and I certainly had a few good cries. Today I still miss our cat, not because she was a "pet" but because she was our son's cat.

With that said, I am not fond of "squished" kitty pics, in fun or otherwise.

To get back on topic, give your cat your sheets and blankets, place them on the floor by the side of your bed, and buy new ones for yourself. If it is night and you hear the cat, lol: turn up the TV/Radio volume, wait ten minutes, turn the volume back down... repeat if necessary. o_O

I took in a stray kitten. Gave her the name, Sphinx. Always into everything and has the habit of always wanting to sit in my lap. Which is cute, but on a hot day it's like having a hot plate in your lap.

Alrighty then... I know you all have been on the edge of your seats waiting for an update on this problem. LOL So I took Finny, A.K.A. "Earthquake" and now "Chester", to the vets to make sure this humping problem wasn't hormonal or anything disease wise. Boy was this an embarrassing talk! Anyway, so it turns out that other than being super huge, Finny is healthy but this much "activity" isn't normal for any cat. Vet said he was asserting his dominence. Now that is just funny because Fin is about as mellow as they come. He licks everything... dogs, cats, lizards, shower, tubs, leaves, carpet, walls, anything electronic... he couldn't be more of mellow, fatherly type cat. Pretty much cleans every stray cut that comes around. Loved by our neighbors, loved by groomers, loved by assistants.

Diagnosis.... I have a horny cat.

Top Bottom