XF 1.5 SMTP Settings problems

samclarke669

Hi all,

I hope someone can help me.

I've just set up a forum for the company I work for but having issues with the SMTP..

The error i get is

"Zend_Mail_Protocol_Exception: Email to ******* failed: Connection timed out - library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Abstract.php:277"

We have an office 365 account which i'm trying to use as the SMTP host but seem to be failing! When i set the email method to default -f it still errors, i get

"Zend_Mail_Transport_Exception: Email to ***** failed: Unable to send mail. - library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Sendmail.php:137"

I hope someone can advise, i'm sure i'm doing something silly!

Thanks in advance

Nope, i'm with JustHost. The domain i'm using ISN'T the domain we have with O365 if that could make a difference? I don't mind who hosts the SMTP though, if there's another way around it

If it's the same issue, you have to contact your hosting provider to make sure that they will open the SMTP port(s) you are trying to use to connect to.

If you are on a shared hosting provider, then probably the SMTP... but not sure if you can use php mail for it. They should be able to tell you.

If you are with Hostgator, it is because about 48 hours ago they changed their firewall settings, essentially blocking outbound ports for all users. You have to manually request that they open specific ports - a right pain in the bum given they take an unholy amount of time to respond to tickets nowadays.

This is all i got from them..

11:41:31amPrathiksha
You need to use below settings:
11:42:05amPrathiksha
Secure SSL/TLS Settings
(Recommended)
Username:email address
Password: Use the email account’s password.
Incoming Server:just61.justhost.com
IMAP Port: 993
POP3 Port: 995
Outgoing Server: just61.justhost.com
SMTP Port: 465
Authentication is required for IMAP, POP3, and SMTP.

When i enter the above settings in XenForo's SMTP using TLS and i try to do a test (activating two step verification for example) it just hangs ans spins round. if i use SSL it errors

Using TLS: "Zend_Mail_Protocol_Exception: Email to ************ failed: Could not read from just61.justhost.com - library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Abstract.php:385"

Sadly, I have no idea - other than HG have really messed up with this change and they are not making it easy for customers to fix things.

The last guy I spoke to on Live Chat told me that admins were trying to fix the issue, as they are aware it is impacting on lots of people. But I have no idea whether this is true or not, as the previous person tried to tell me it was purely my scripts problem.

Now I am apparently waiting for someone to authorise the ports I need - although again I have no idea whether this is actually going to happen.

Bugger - OK. It's so frustrating, i'm not sure whether i'm affected by this issue or doing something wrong!

I presume "Could not read from just61.justhost.com" means it could be a port issue. they didn't seem to entertain that, though.

Top Bottom