SMTP Emails Not Sending

Jeremy P

XenForo developer
Staff member
I am using Google Apps to power email for the domain, and to prevent being marked as spam, have configured XenForo to send mails through Google's SMTP servers. However, emails aren't being sent.

I am certain it is configured properly, and have tested it with equivalent settings using PHPMailer on the server, which was able to send them fine. When I test is with a contact email in XenForo, no errors are given, but yet the email is not received.

I'm not sure if this is a bug in the software, or what could be preventing them from being sent, but I would appreciate any help or information on the problem.

Thanks.

We could definitely use debugging for this. I did tests with my Gmail account and didn't have any issues sending, but I did routinely make a mistake entering the options. :)
One mistake in particular? If so, mind sharing? :)

If configured properly in settings, is there really anything that could be causing it not to work? I couldn't get it to work with my regular Gmail (as opposed to Google Apps) either. Connecting and sending work fine via PHPMailer, but not with XenForo. I have gone back to the default method for now, but that results in it being marked as spam in most cases.

Would it be worth some time to set up a simple script to try to use Zend_Mail_Transport_SMTP outside of XenForo and see if it works?

Top Bottom