Smilies in pop-up window?

Mendo

We use a lot of smilies and the default toolbar smilies selection looks horrible. Is there some way to change it so when you click the smilies button on the toolbar you get a popup window with all the availables?

Any alternatives welcome.

I found this snippet on another board, it works ok but still not ideal.

Code:
/* smilies dropdown menu wider */
.xenForoSkin .mceSmiliesMenu div {
  width: 500px !important;
  height: 200px !important;
  overflow: scroll !important;
}

Please try this:
Code:
/* WYSIWYG editor smiley window */

background: none repeat scroll 0 0 @textCtrlBackground !important;
border-color: @primaryLighter !important;
width: 398px !important;
}
Source: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/styling-the-wysiwyg-tinymce-editor.349/, all credits go to Brogan

I found this snippet on another board, it works ok but still not ideal.

Code:
/* smilies dropdown menu wider */
  width: 500px !important;
  height: 200px !important;
  overflow: scroll !important;
}

If your using quite a few smilies (like most people) the dropdown menu of death no matter what you do is not a great solution. You could always try the happyplace add-on which displays smilies in a more organised manner though there are some issues with it like spritesheet support but it's the only solution outside the dropdown menu minus making alterations to the dropdown menu width.

Reality is the whole smiley management system for xenforo is absolutely dire and I would suggest showing support and/or voicing your concerns in smiley related topics posted in the suggestions area.

Please try this:
That was pretty much what I had, it just got rid of the scroll wheel and made a mess.

If your using quite a few smilies (like most people) the dropdown menu of death no matter what you do is not a great solution. You could always try the happyplace add-on which displays smilies in a more organised manner though there are some issues with it like spritesheet support but it's the only solution outside the dropdown menu minus making alterations to the dropdown menu width.

Reality is the whole smiley management system for xenforo is absolutely dire and I would suggest showing support and/or voicing your concerns in smiley related topics posted in the suggestions area.
We have a lot of icons, a lot of them are pretty odd sizes too so Happyplace doesn't really fit that well :/ Guess I'll just add my support to that suggestion thread.

That was pretty much what I had, it just got rid of the scroll wheel and made a mess.

We have a lot of icons, a lot of them are pretty odd sizes too so Happyplace doesn't really fit that well :/ Guess I'll just add my support to that suggestion thread.

Ah yeah, I was going to ask whether your images were all of the same sizes. The trouble is if we had category sorting this wouldn't be an issue you could sort the odd sizes into their own categories. That being said, there just isn't any other solution to be had until member Mutt who is working on a smiley management system releases what he's currently developing which looked quite promising and might/most likely fit your needs and resolve some of the issues, if not all that your having.

Ah yeah, I was going to ask whether your images were all of the same sizes. The trouble is if we had category sorting this wouldn't be an issue you could sort the odd sizes into their own categories. That being said, there just isn't any other solution to be had until member Mutt who is working on a smiley management system releases what he's currently developing which looked quite promising and might/most likely fit your needs and resolve some of the issues, if not all that your having.

oh man, guilt pressure.

my girl is working tomorrow & I'm pretty caught up on all my responsibilities which means I could do nerd stuff tomorrow. I will spend that free time & try to get something of my smilie cat / order system together along w/ integration w/ the new smilie importer. it will be all code & template edits. I'll need help turning my list of edits into an snazzy addon but maybe once I get something up people can help w/ tweaks.

oh man, guilt pressure.

my girl is working tomorrow & I'm pretty caught up on all my responsibilities which means I could do nerd stuff tomorrow. I will spend that free time & try to get something of my smilie cat / order system together along w/ integration w/ the new smilie importer. it will be all code & template edits. I'll need help turning my list of edits into an snazzy addon but maybe once I get something up people can help w/ tweaks.

I'm not pressuring you. I was just trying to pass off some info that was available to me to somebody that may find a use for your add-on that I knew you were working on. Just so you know, and I'm sure you don't mean anything by your comment but I don't want from nobody on this forum, absolutely nobody. If it comes to it I'll do without like I have done in the past, like I'll do in the future.

Like I said, the reason I passed on the info is because we have a piss poor smiley management system, I knew you were developing something that was of interest to the OP.

Sorry if I come accross as an ass but I just needed to point out that I am in no way pressuring you. I understand you may have other obligations which I can understand.

I'm not pressuring you. I was just trying to pass off some info that was available to me to somebody that may find a use for your add-on that I knew you were working on. Just so you know, and I'm sure you don't mean anything by your comment but I don't want from nobody on this forum, absolutely nobody. If it comes to it I'll do without like I have done in the past, like I'll do in the future.

Like I said, the reason I passed on the info is because we have a piss poor smiley management system, I knew you were developing something that was of interest to the OP.

Sorry if I come accross as an ass but I just needed to point out that I am in no way pressuring you. I understand you may have other obligations which I can understand.

I know sarcasm doesn't come off well in the written word but I was joking around. in no way did I feel obligated.

I know sarcasm doesn't come off well in the written word but I was joking around. in no way did I feel obligated.

That's good then because I didn't want you/anyone to think I was putting pressure, Just happy to share that 1 person on the community is tackling something no other developer/coder is even touching considering expanding upon so I'm happy to promote that. Pending it's being actively developed of course otherwise where would the point in sharing such info? :)

Anyhow, yeah....there was a time I could sense sarcasm in the written word but as you age you loose that touch. Getting too old before my time.

Top Bottom