XF 2.2 Firefox prevented this site from opening a pop-up window

AndyB

Occasionally when I view a thread I get this across the top of the screen:

1602642042504.webp

When I click Preferences I see this:

1602642073960.webp

Apparently the embedded attachment is being seen by Firefox as a pop-up. The attachment is larger than width of the message, so it's the type that a viewer can click the attachment to open it in the light box.

The pop-up blocker should obviously only kick in if some form of opening action is taking place either triggered by code or by user interaction.

Neither of these should be applicable to just opening a thread.

I don't have any specific recommendations right now, although I am curious as to whether you will experience the same issue on other XF sites, such as this one.

You may want to check your Pop-up Blocker Preferences just to ensure that other XF sites you visit frequently (such as this one) aren't listed as an exception as that would obviously block the reproduction case elsewhere.

I'm also curious as to what would happen if your own site is listed as an exception. When this issue happens, if your site is excepted, would the attachment actually open?

Quite an odd one overall so please keep us posted but I'm not seeing anything we can change right now.

Hi Chris,

I just had this error occur on another site. This time I open the web console so hopefully you will spot an issue. In this case I'm in a conversation XF 2.2.1 and there's one attachment.

1602900339894.png

It happened on my site just now. Seams to occur only when the forum has not been visited for a while and I click the an link from the Latest posts widget.

1603149059495.webp

Top Bottom