• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Smilie Hover Effects

Matthew Hawley

Matthew Hawley submitted a new resource:

Smilie Hover Effect - Make those smilies hover!

Overview
So here I will show you how to put this certain smilie hover effect on your forum. Its quite simple actually.

View attachment 52673

1) Go to EXTRA.css and add this:
Code:
img.mceSmilieSprite:hover { opacity: 1; transition: opacity .15s ease-in-out; -moz-transition: opacity .25s ease-in-out; -webkit-transition: opacity .25s ease-in-out;}
img.mceSmilieSprite { opacity: 0.5; }
If you like this resource don't forget to rate and like it!

Please consider a...​
Read more about this resource...

Tracy Perry

Works fine with the sprite sheets, but if you have any animated GIF's (or any not listed in the sprite sheet) it will not work. It will be a simple edit to the CSS, but right now I don't have time to check to see what needs to be changed.

Doesn't work for me too, I'm using a seperate Zombie Smilies Pack from Shelley (with no CSS)... too bad; I really like the zoom effect.

What do you mean? It works with all smiley images.
I have added Shelley's extended smiley pack and in the redactor it doesn't hover with the opacity like the original ones.
All the basic ones that come with xF do - the added ones don't.

EDIT: I think it's because @Shelley 's ones aren't in a sprite, whereas the original ones are. Anyone know a fix for this?

Shelley

I have added Shelley's extended smiley pack and in the redactor it doesn't hover with the opacity like the original ones.
All the basic ones that come with xF do - the added ones don't.

EDIT: I think it's because @Shelley 's ones aren't in a sprite, whereas the original ones are. Anyone know a fix for this?
The following should work both for sprites and individual images.

Code:
.redactor_smilies img.mceSmilieSprite, .redactor_smilies li img {opacity: 0.5;}
.redactor_smilies img.mceSmilieSprite:hover, .redactor_smilies li img:hover {
  opacity: 1;
  -webkit-transform: scale(1.5);
  -moz-transform: scale(1.5);
  -moz-transition: all 0.3s ease-in-out 0s;
  -transition: all 0.3s ease-in-out 0s;
  -webkit-transition: all 0.3s ease-in-out 0s;}

The following should work both for sprites and individual images.

Code:
.redactor_smilies img.mceSmilieSprite, .redactor_smilies li img {opacity: 0.5;}
.redactor_smilies img.mceSmilieSprite:hover, .redactor_smilies li img:hover {
  opacity: 1;
  -webkit-transform: scale(1.5);
  -moz-transform: scale(1.5);
  -moz-transition: all 0.3s ease-in-out 0s;
  -transition: all 0.3s ease-in-out 0s;
  -webkit-transition: all 0.3s ease-in-out 0s;}
Thank you so much @Shelley,
I truly apologize for all of the question after an accident a couple of months ago my memory is shocking and so I have to learn all this stuff again from the beginning so I apologize for all the basic questions.

Shelley

Thank you so much @Shelley,
I truly apologize for all of the question after an accident a couple of months ago my memory is shocking and so I have to learn all this stuff again from the beginning so I apologize for all the basic questions.
Don't ever apologise for asking something. If I'm capable of answering it then I really don't mind helping. :) hopefully that works for you, let me know if it does work out for you.