XF 1.3 Smiley Management Enhancements

Welcome to the first Have you seen... for XenForo 1.3!

In this video, I demonstrate the significant improvements and new features we've added to make the management of smilies easier, faster and more flexible.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View on Vimeo

... update, Dec 11th - a follow-up video :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View on Vimeo

Last edited:
No, the feature still requires you to upload them via FTP and define them manually.
One at a time...

I'm sorry but I think it would have been more useful to more people to have had a batch upload feature.

I do like the categories and the drag and drop.

Last edited:
I like the new system.
My admin noticed something:
That looks good. The changes will be handy. But did you notice the bug with drag and drop in the video?
In two places he dragged a smiley into another category, and then refreshed the other browser window to show the changes, and the number of smilies in the category was one less than was displayed in the editor.
The second time is at around 9:55 where you see him drag smilies into the Quack category so there are 4 smilies inside it. Then he refreshes the other window and quickly clicks from category to category and the quack category has only 3 smilies in it.
You may like to add a reply to let them know, as nobody else commented on it.

Nice new feature. I like the smiley category function where we can make separate smilies into different tabs if we have many smilies on our forum. Good job!

-cypher.

Another common term implemented by Blizzard often misleading players into excitement for future content. "Very Soon" is guaranteed to arrive between now and the end of time with a higher chance of arriving on the "now" half of the time table. Although this means closer to now than "soon" there is no guarantee that you will live long enough to see the content finally release.

Now ←-------------- Very Soon -------- Soon -------- Soon-ish ---------------→ End of Time

Just replace Blizzard with xenForo :D http://www.wowwiki.com/Soon
Sounds like Valve time to me.

Very good days ahead for XF. Congrats guys on the hard work... :)

Smiley new features are great. I would also recommend bulk import from a folder.

Top Bottom