XF 1.4 Smiley exporter generating error

phsycical

I'm trying to use the smiley exporter and I keep receiving error messages. Can anyone help?

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<errors><error>DOMDocument::createElement() [<a href='domdocument.createelement'>domdocument.createelement</a>]: unterminated entity reference w:</error><trace><entry function="XenForo_Application::handlePhpError" file="" line=""/><entry function="DOMDocument->createElement" file="/home4/sane/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Model/Smilie.php" line="594"/><entry function="XenForo_Model_Smilie->getSmiliesXml" file="/home4/sane/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Smilie.php" line="187"/><entry function="XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Smilie->actionExport" file="/home4/sane/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php" line="347"/><entry function="XenForo_FrontController->dispatch" file="/home4/sane/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php" line="134"/><entry function="XenForo_FrontController->run" file="/home4/sane/public_html/forums/admin.php" line="13"/></trace></errors>

This looks like an export bug, though it seems like a bad design within PHP itself.

Can you just confirm the text that was being replaced for the smilies you're exporting? Is there one in the general form of ":a&b:"? (Has an & in it?)

Can you just confirm the text that was being replaced for the smilies you're exporting? Is there one in the general form of ":a&b:"? (Has an & in it?)
I have hundreds of smileys but yes, one of them does contain "&". I tried removing the & and that seemed fix the exporter. Thanks

I am having another problem though. The importer seems have lag/hangup issues when I try to use it though. The page starts up showing the first few smileys but eventually just turns white. Is there anyway to fix this?

I'll note the & issue to look into it.

If you start seeing some of the HTML, then XenForo has served the page as expected; it only starts to output when it has generated the whole thing. If the page is very large, it could be something the browser isn't liking. It may be worth trying to break the number of smilies exported/imported at a time down into a few chunks.

Top Bottom