XF 1.4 SMF to Xenforo install - can't log-in other then Admin

Mike Krall

I seem to have successfully installed Xenforo and then imported an SMF2 database.

I cannot log-in however with anything but my admin account.

There are some issues though. 1 I can still access the install folder from the web, which I though I read that that shouldn't be possible.

The other is I have 4 pages of these errors, not sure if it's nothing or something:

xen errors.webp

Can some please offer some advice?
Thanks!

That error is a little strange, but it's from during the import and if everything worked, it can be ignored.

What happens when you try to login with the other users? Have the other users been imported from another software or potentially an older version of SMF? If the passwords are in a different format from the current native SMF format, they will likely not be imported.

That error is a little strange, but it's from during the import and if everything worked, it can be ignored.

What happens when you try to login with the other users? Have the other users been imported from another software or potentially an older version of SMF? If the passwords are in a different format from the current native SMF format, they will likely not be imported.

No everyone is from SMF. I think we started with 1.something years ago and have upgraded over time to 2.0 which I imported from. There were about 10 or so mods installed, not sure if that effected anything.

There must be another issue as you can log-in but once you do you can't view the forum or post. If you're a guest or not logged in you can view the forum and all the posts (there's only one board).

Someone told me to ask our host to disable mod security.

Why would the install folder still be accessible?

There must be another issue as you can log-in but once you do you can't view the forum or post. If you're a guest or not logged in you can view the forum and all the posts (there's only one board).
That sounds like a permission issue.
Use the permissions analyser to determine where the final value is coming from, if the members are in more than one user group.

Why would the install folder still be accessible?
Do you mean the install URL in your browser?
If so, that's normal as it allows administrators to rebuild the master data should it be required.
You can protect it if you wish: https://xenforo.com/community/resou...and-the-install-directory-using-htaccess.353/

That sounds like a permission issue.
Use the permissions analyser to determine where the final value is coming from, if the members are in more than one user group.

Do you mean the install URL in your browser?
If so, that's normal as it allows administrators to rebuild the master data should it be required.
You can protect it if you wish: https://xenforo.com/community/resou...and-the-install-directory-using-htaccess.353/

Thanks Brogan.

The importation seems to have taken our admins and mods and mixed them in with a post reward system we had. Anyone that is a mod or admin can't view the forums or post, everyone else could. So you're right it's a permission issue.

On a separate question all our posts, users, etc imported fine, but if you go to a users profile and postings or information it says there are no threads by that user. Is that normal with an import from SMF?

On a separate question all our posts, users, etc imported fine, but if you go to a users profile and postings or information it says there are no threads by that user. Is that normal with an import from SMF?
That is tied to the search index being built so you should rebuild that.

That is tied to the search index being built so you should rebuild that.

Thanks Mike, that cleared up the issue!

I looked in the manual and did some searching, but didn't turn up too much infor on the other rebuild options. Should I run any of the other ones? I don't really notice any issues other than some missing avatars from the import.

When you finalized the import, it should have done the other rebuilds automatically (users, threads, forums); it just doesn't do the search index as it can be done while the forum is open (and can be quite time consuming).

Otherwise, you should be good to go now.

Top Bottom