Slow down in XenForo 2.0 fixes?

bzcomputers

It seemed for awhile you were crushing dozens of bugs a week since the release of XenForo 2.0. Now over the last month, it seems that there has been little to no bug fixes and between XenForo 2.0 itself and the importer it is quickly approaching 200 reported bugs.

Especially as a potential buyer here in the short term moving over from vB4, some of the reported importer bugs, which are nearly 90 days old already, have the fix for it right in the the bug report. Why would these go so long being unfixed?

Just seems strange that fixes/updates have ground to such a slow pace from what was initially doing very well.

It seemed for awhile you were crushing dozens of bugs a week since the release of XenForo 2.0. Now over the last month, it seems that there has been little to no bug fixes and between XenForo 2.0 itself

Last release was just under 5 weeks ago. Releases tend to be evey 4-8 weeks.

itself and the importer it is quickly approaching 200 reported bugs.

Especially as a potential buyer here in the short term moving over from vB4, some of the reported importer bugs, which are nearly 90 days old already, have the fix for it right in the the bug report. Why would these go so long being unfixed?

What? Seems there are only 27 threads about importer bugs, no where near 200.

Just seems strange that fixes/updates have ground to such a slow pace from what was initially doing very well.

Initially XF2 was in beta stage, so of course things happened more quickly, now that it is in release stages ment for production environments the pace is back to normal, 4-8 works apart.

Well for one, the more people that use something, more issues are bound to show up in different environments. Out of those 171 bug reports, you then have to break down what is blocking, critical, normal, small, enhancement. Most of the bugs fall into the latter three, and a set amount get fixed during the release of new versions, which is on schedule.

I said "between Xenforo 2.O itself and the importer it is quickly approaching 200 reported bugs"

Currently 144 + 27 = 171 bug reports

That is extremely large compared to a couple months ago.

All bug reports that are legitimate bugs get resolved at some point. Also the majority of them seem to be small issues. I haven't experienced any bugs that got in the way of my installation personally and I've been using Xenforo 2 since it came out last year. Like I said, they are mostly small issues.

I said "between Xenforo 2.O itself and the importer it is quickly approaching 200 reported bugs"

Currently 144 + 27 = 171 bug reports

That is extremely large compared to a couple months ago.

A lot of them will get marked as fixed shortly before the next 3rd point release. It's just getting back to business as usual, now the initial 2.x is out the way and all critical issues were resolved.

Top Bottom