• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Slideshow Integration with Thread Creation

ArnyVee

Slideshows give websites a nice professional look and have an interactive way for folks to preview some of the recent threads in your designated forum.

With other options that I've used in the past for vBulletin such as vBslideshow or Frontpage Slideshow .... we were able to create threads, attach an image (set at certain sizes to be sized correctly in the slideshow) and then save and you'd have a new 'story/article' on the homepage of your site (or wherever you decided to display the feature.

I would love to have this as a feature for xenForo :D

Anyone know of a coder that is already starting to work on this? If not, hopefully we can start to get some interest going for it ;)

I am actually almost done making a jquery slideshow bbcode. I made it as a standalone a while back for making tutorials with a navigable slideshow presentation in a 650 x 650px block, I can pm you a link if you would like to look at it in action?

I am actually almost done making a jquery slideshow bbcode. I made it as a standalone a while back for making tutorials with a navigable slideshow presentation in a 650 x 650px block, I can pm you a link if you would like to look at it in action?
Yes, please :rolleyes:

A slideshow working with XenPorta would be awesome EQnoble, if you could make one :)

A slideshow working with XenPorta would be awesome EQnoble, if you could make one :)

I don't use porta so I doubt that is going to happen. I can share the bbcode when I perfect it (as a bbcode it is tricky) and someone could twerk it into something for porta if they like however...got a few things I am doing right now so I will get back to you...I may be able to help you implement it however so if you like pc message me and I might be able to help you accomplish what you are looking for.

I don't use porta so I doubt that is going to happen. I can share the bbcode when I perfect it (as a bbcode it is tricky) and someone could twerk it into something for porta if they like however...got a few things I am doing right now so I will get back to you...I may be able to help you implement it however so if you like pc message me and I might be able to help you accomplish what you are looking for.

Thanks EQnoble, I've been following your work for a while and give you the thumbs up for contributing lately :) Don't let anybody get to you and keep up the good work. I have very litle knowledge - next to nothing - about coding so I wouldn't be the fitting candidate for making an add-on :)

Vodcaholic had done something for his site, though he said his code was messy. I guess when there is an add-on someone will eventually implement it for XenPorta.

Top Bottom