Resource icon

Slack Notify 2.1.1

No permission to download

BoostN

BoostN submitted a new resource:

Slack Notify - Admin utility to send notifications to your Slack channel for errors, registrations, etc

This is an add-on for XenForo 2.1. This allows you to receive notifications as listed below in your own Slack group/channel.

This add-on requires you to have your own Slack channel. You may set one up by visiting Slack.com, then creating a custom Incoming Webhook as found here:

Current Features:
  • Ability to get notified for the following activities:
    • New User...

Read more about this resource...

BoostN

This is a tool I created to keep me "in the loop" for some of my forums I run. It's nice to know you have a server error, and perhaps reported threads/posts in advance so they can be addressed quickly. Slack is a tool I use daily, hopefully this will help you as well!

m1ne

This is a tool I created to keep me "in the loop" for some of my forums I run. It's nice to know you have a server error, and perhaps reported threads/posts in advance so they can be addressed quickly. Slack is a tool I use daily, hopefully this will help you as well!

Agreed, installing for the same reason. Good stuff.

we_are_borg

It would be great if you can direct a channel in Slack to a forum so channel A goes into forum A and B goes in B etc.

BoostN

Thanks to this add-on, I was able to catch a potential email problem with AWS this morning.. just a nice plug from me :D

Hopefully this helps folks who are also Slack users.

Attachments

• serverErrors.png
    serverErrors.png
    15.4 KB · Views: 16
  • emailFailed.png
    emailFailed.png
    120.4 KB · Views: 16

DroidOne

Just found this. Been looking for a way to receive error log notifications in Slack, as it's so valuable to spot any errors directly. Big thanks for adding this! \o/

Malcolm M

Hey there! I tried downloading the add-on, but got stuck in the approval queue. Could you approve my account?

BoostN

Hey there, just wanted to follow up with this. Do you have any plans to release an update for this soon?

Sorry, I've been super busy with my day job. I might try to take a stab soon and see how far I can get. Sorry for the delay!