Resource icon

Slack Notify 2.1.1

No permission to download

BoostN

BoostN submitted a new resource:

Slack Notify - Admin utility to send notifications to your Slack channel for errors, registrations, etc

This is an add-on for XenForo 2.1. This allows you to receive notifications as listed below in your own Slack group/channel.

This add-on requires you to have your own Slack channel. You may set one up by visiting Slack.com, then creating a custom Incoming Webhook as found here:

Current Features:
  • Ability to get notified for the following activities:
    • New User...

Read more about this resource...

This is a tool I created to keep me "in the loop" for some of my forums I run. It's nice to know you have a server error, and perhaps reported threads/posts in advance so they can be addressed quickly. Slack is a tool I use daily, hopefully this will help you as well!

This is a tool I created to keep me "in the loop" for some of my forums I run. It's nice to know you have a server error, and perhaps reported threads/posts in advance so they can be addressed quickly. Slack is a tool I use daily, hopefully this will help you as well!

Agreed, installing for the same reason. Good stuff.

It would be great if you can direct a channel in Slack to a forum so channel A goes into forum A and B goes in B etc.

Thanks to this add-on, I was able to catch a potential email problem with AWS this morning.. just a nice plug from me :D

Hopefully this helps folks who are also Slack users.

Attachments

• serverErrors.webp
    serverErrors.webp
    8.5 KB · Views: 22
  • emailFailed.webp
    emailFailed.webp
    25.1 KB · Views: 22
Just found this. Been looking for a way to receive error log notifications in Slack, as it's so valuable to spot any errors directly. Big thanks for adding this! \o/

Hey there, just wanted to follow up with this. Do you have any plans to release an update for this soon?

Sorry, I've been super busy with my day job. I might try to take a stab soon and see how far I can get. Sorry for the delay!

Top Bottom