Skype Smilies (Animated) [Deleted]

I had googled for a "skype license" when the other user kept asking for one. I don't think it applies to these smilies tbh.

I am not bothered. The admin can take it down if they want.

I had edited them to remove white edges around them so they can also look better on dark styles.

If you think there is a problem, please report to the admins so they can decide if they want to remove it.

However, we decided to create a new license for three main reasons.

First, icons and strings are non-functional components;
they are not code and therefore any source code license would not be appropriate for them.

Second, we didn’t want them to be modified in any way.

It doesn't matter to me but if you want to be technical removing the white edges is changing them although it is a stupid technicality and it is obvious that you only changed them to address background color issues...but that's my take on it.

Hello,
I have uploaded the smileys to my styles folder, removed old smileys and then imported the new XML, the smiley gifs are not showing up. It shows it as a broken image.

Hello,
I have uploaded the smileys to my styles folder, removed old smileys and then imported the new XML, the smiley gifs are not showing up. It shows it as a broken image.

You might want to try this as it worked in a similar case with a different addon. Go in and edit a smiley don't actually edit it and then hit save. See if that helps.

Works now. I had no idea what was wrong, I just re dled and tried again, could of been a bad dl.

Great product. Thank You

P.S. If you ever make more, Id suggest charging $2.99 for a enhanced premium package.

Works now. I had no idea what was wrong, I just re dled and tried again, could of been a bad dl.

Great product. Thank You

P.S. If you ever make more, Id suggest charging $2.99 for a enhanced premium package.
^ you know that you just add them manually without addon ? is you dont have 5 min to add smilies your self, then 2.99 defiantly then price LOL

I have this on a dark theme and I don't think they look all that great (optimized).

Attachments

• Screen shot 2015-10-17 at 12.09.40 PM.webp
    Screen shot 2015-10-17 at 12.09.40 PM.webp
    15.7 KB · Views: 16
I have this on a dark theme and I don't think they look all that great (optimized).
I didn't include the teddy, thumb up and down emoticons. So they are not optimized by me.
Here is darker theme where I use them:
J9zCSVM.png

do you can please the new smileys in the package?
Can you please add the new smileys?
The new emoticons are different to the ones on here. The newer one feature better animations and are bigger in dimension.
I'll try to release the newer emoticons in a separate release when I have time.

Based on a review of the license the images were released under, it doesn't appear that the usage here is allowed (both due to modification and other terms in the license). As such, we have removed the resource.

Top Bottom