Skin so far - Opinions

I agree. Will be working on breaking up the blue with the statusiconds and whilst working on the text. Category bars may also change colour yet

Cheers for taking the time to look :)

Neat trick as the transparency is - that lens flare did my nut in in about 20 seconds flat ... I wouldn't hang around if that was there all the time.

Sorry, I know that sounds harsh, but it's quite stark and a major distraction.

The other thing that's not working for me is the thread title links - too dark, or at least not enough contrast with the current background set-up.

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Neat trick as the transparency is - that lens flare did my nut in in about 20 seconds flat ...
:eek: ROFL!!
spanking.gif

Honest opinion. Not enough blue.

Jokery aside. Far too much blue. I know now whenever I provide a critique it'll be for a blue themed style and that's what you have in common with the rest so far. They (through feedback) made the necessary alterations and produce a style visually pleasing to the eye by opting for a 3-4 colour system that they stuck too. I suggest you do the same and begin evaluating what colour palette your wanting to use.

Forum icons on the left have a terrible bevel which I seriously think looks hideous in most graphics. Loose that bevel effect. With regards to the forum status icons I noticed the shadow extends further than the canvas dimensions which means you see a sharp squared crop when the whole shadow should fit within the canvas.

I'd suggest thinking of some colours you like and then post back and ask for further feedback. In the styles current state, people are likely to say loose the blue which won't be much help to you so get those creative juices flowing and pick a 3-4 colour system you'll stick to for consistency sake.

no much of a suggestions as anything has barely changed from the default format. Only thing I would say is definitely change those forum icons, they look very outdated.

wth is it with blue? Is there no other color out there?

Thats teh first time Ive ever seen someone substitute the F word in an abbreviation LOL .. thats excellent. Gotta admit Im a sucker for blue skins so think Im gonna make it a deal to not use ANY blue in my next one LOL.

GeeksKickAss said:
Neat trick as the transparency is - that lens flare did my nut in in about 20 seconds flat ... I wouldn't hang around if that was there all the time.

The other thing that's not working for me is the thread title links - too dark, or at least not enough contrast with the current background set-up.

Exactly the kinda feedback Im after m8. No need to be sorry, I need to know these things lol.

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Sorry missing the joke here. I don't see any lens flare effect? I'm sure asking that will come and bite me on the backside. Better on than in I suppose. Anyway, lens flare, I'm not seeing it. :D

Wow, 3 replies since Ive been typing LOL

Icons are just a temp thing I grabbed from the net just to look at the colouring guys, they aint stayin LOL.

Shelley, thankyou for your feedback as I value your opinion very very much. Big fan of the graphics you do and have been ever since you started doing them on vb.org.

I've been reviewing the wrong bloody style. I reviewed the style that the link led me to.

Edit: I see the lens flare now.

Top Bottom