XF 1.4 Sitemap garbled

Martok

I've just been checking the sitemap on my site and for some reason the contents are garbled.

http://www.seniorgamers.net/sitemap.php

(I did try to add it to this post but the file type isn't permitted)

I've checked other sitemaps and of course they show the URLs quite clearly, so something is wrong with mine.

I tried disabling all add-ons and rebuilding the sitemap cache but I still get the same thing. I've never used a sitemap add-on prior to the addition in 1.4 so it can't be anything to do with that.

I'm not sure what the problem is or what next to check.

It appears to be double gzipped. This would likely imply that your server is gzipping it again as disabling gzip in my browser appears to allow it to work correctly. I'm not sure what element of your server is gzipping it though.

Thanks Mike. I've contacted Nimbus to find out what is going on.

Worked fine for me, once I in gzipped it.
Interesting. I've just tested with Chrome and Firefox on Windows 7 and both give the double gzipped file. However with IE11 it doesn't.

It's definitely a problem with the server - I've checked with a couple of other XenForo sites and they correctly give a single gzipped XML sitemap file when using Chrome.

Your output method appears the same as XF Liam - a file ending in .xml.gz, which when unzipped shows a single xml file with readable text...

I tried it with Chrome on Android and Mac OS.

Liam

Your output method appears the same as XF Liam - a file ending in .xml.gz, which when unzipped shows a single xml file with readable text...

I tried it with Chrome on Android and Mac OS.

Liam
Yes, I know about what it outputs. Clearly there is something else at play here though as it is definitely double gzipped in Chrome and Firefox on Windows 7. However if you use exactly these browsers on other XenForo sites it isn't double gzipped.

The issue has now been resolved. :)

I asked Nimbus what they did to fix this and they responded:

I'm not 100% sure if this fixed the issue :), but I changed the following in the php.ini on your server:
output_buffering = Off

Hopefully this will help if anyone else has the same problem.

Top Bottom