Site title/SEO question

Jeff Fuqua

My forum was always on the first two pages on Google for "Tennessee Titans" and dropped to around 12 just recently. I'm curious as to the cause of this and have been looking at options.

Would it help to change my board title from "goTitans.com" to "goTitans.com | Tennessee Titans Fan Site"?

I also wondered if it would help to have "goTitans.com" appear in the title tab of every page. For example, when submitting this thread, the tab says "Create Thread | XenForo Community". For my site now, I just get "Create Thread".

I'm just looking at options which might help. Thanks for any suggestions in advance.

This is by default.
This is what I was talking about, I actually removed the board title from all pages but the home page by editing the page_container template to help with long tail searches.
Brandon, I did the same thing a long time ago but now I forget why? Can you refresh me on why it's better for SEO to not have the Board Title in every thread? I kinda understand long tail search but am not sure why the board title would hurt long tail search?

Thank you

Brandon, I did the same thing a long time ago but now I forget why? Can you refresh me on why it's better for SEO to not have the Board Title in every thread? I kinda understand long tail search but am not sure why the board title would hurt long tail search?

Thank you
This will provide unique titles on all threads.
Versus have "- My Forum Name" in each and every title tag.

Top Bottom