Site Suggestion (not software) Valid Users

Snog

I think this might have been suggested before, but I can't find it.

Why not add a validated banner (or whatever terminology you choose) to users so other people know whether or not they should answer a question from someone? I've seen it happen where a user's question is answered, and then the answer is removed and the thread locked because the OP was not a validated XF user/account. But by the time the thread is locked, it is probably too late and the user has gotten their answer.

I do it. And I'm sure other sites do too. ;)
valid.webp

Staff have their own indicator of who is licensed or not. There’s no plans to make that public.

Staff have their own indicator of who is licensed or not. There’s no plans to make that public.
That was kind of the point. Without that being public, people will always try to help and it can result in invalid users receiving answers to their questions.

I know what the point was :) But there are no plans. It's just a case of being cautious about which forum the request was posted in. There was a slight exception to that rule in a post earlier, but that was a one off (our mistake, mostly).

I always thought that it would be a good idea to show that to everyone but I can see why it would not be shown though.

I always thought that unlicensed users didn't have permission to post in the support forums. Is that no longer the case?

Unlicensed members indeed can not post in the customer support forums.

Does it show if a license is current?

Does not matter if the license is current, a anyone that owns a XF license is entitled to forum support for life, regardless of license status.

Unlicensed members indeed can not post in the customer support forums.

I'm always a day late and a dollar short. I obviously missed what ever triggered the original query.

Does not matter if the license is current, a anyone that owns a XF license is entitled to forum support for life, regardless of license status.
Sure. I was just cheekily curious what the staff can see about us without them having to go looking. :D

Top Bottom