[Site Suggestion] Resource Area (breakdown)

Oh Gawd, please don't tell me that that Resource Forum is xenForo's "Ultimate Modification Section". I expected something more spectacular :D

Oh Gawd, please don't tell me that that Resource Forum is xenForo's "Ultimate Modification Section". I expected something more spectacular :D

The current structure of the resource area is a temporary solution until Mike & Kier develop something better. I'm sure when it's implemented it'll be nothing short of spectacular.

The current structure of the resource area is a temporary solution until Mike & Kier develop something better. I'm sure when it's implemented it'll be nothing short of spectacular.

I'm sure it will be too. I love their designs.
My concern though is what you Shelley already said. There's masses of stuff - some excellent suggestions - scattered through the great mass of posts already existing.
Plus once the beta explodes on Tuesday the devs will have time for nothing else except install and config support for some weeks.

So restructuring the Resources section will get very delayed UNLESS -

- the Resources and Suggestions section was planned in advance to put
mods/ add-ons/ tweaks/ designs in separate sections under Resources.
Maybe most of the mods suggestions in Suggestions have already been tagged ready for transfer so it can all be done quickly before the beta dominates everything from Tuesday onwards for some time.

I'm sure it will be too. I love their designs.
My concern though is what you Shelley already said. There's masses of stuff - some excellent suggestions - scattered through the great mass of posts already existing.
Plus once the beta explodes on Tuesday the devs will have time for nothing else except install and config support for some weeks.

So restructuring the Resources section will get very delayed UNLESS -

- the Resources and Suggestions section was planned in advance to put
mods/ add-ons/ tweaks/ designs in separate sections under Resources.
Maybe most of the mods suggestions in Suggestions have already been tagged ready for transfer so it can all be done quickly before the beta dominates everything from Tuesday onwards for some time.

It's Not at all too bad atm. The majority of the resources are graphics, but even those will need to be categorised into "Status Icons", "Smilies", Rank Icons, & possibly "Misc". IMO These would be best as sub forums under Graphics. The sole reason why I haven't posted as much is because I'm waiting for it to be categorised better and more efficient so members can find exactly what they're looking for.

Once the add-ons, scripts, styles start getting posted this is when it'll become much harder to organise so I feel a 2nd tier temporary solution should be made untill the fully fledged implementation of the snazzy resource area is built and developed properly because it'll be absolutely hectic locating stuff a week from now when people have had time to develop and post.

Let's bare in mind also that the devs are very busy also with the product about to be released so it's understandable that time is valuable.

Let's bare in mind also that the devs are very busy also with the product about to be released so it's understandable that time is valuable.

Exactly.

They might be busy now but they're going to be in meldown next week and for several weeks after that.
This is why the Resource categorisation needs to be set up NOW before the storm breaks flooding Suggestions with loads more stuff and leaving no time for managing the Resources sections.

C'mon guys all we;'re asking is a set of cloned forums.

They might be busy now but they're going to be in meldown next week and for several weeks after that.

Possibly but the beta is unsupported, I doubt they'll put emphasis on supporting an unsupported beta rather than making that beta gold.

Yes they will be looking for bug submissions but I doubt they'll be looking for 'how do I install/configure' posts.

Top Bottom