XF 1.3 Site Setup Help

KingKobe

So I just bought my license, and I have a domain from godaddy, and just finished downloading all the files I need, along with FileZilla.
However, whenever I type in the domain I bought over at godaddy into FileZilla, I keep getting:
Error: Connection timed out
Error: Could not connect to server

Am I doing something wrong?

Your host should supply you with an IP address to your site.
You can use that to upload the files with Filezilla.

Instead of mysite.com it will be something like this: 123.345.67.890
Be patient, it can take hours-days to be able to use your domain name.
(Search for propagation time. It's not up to Godaddy)

Your host should supply you with an IP address to your site.
You can use that to upload the files with Filezilla.

Instead of mysite.com it will be something like this: 123.345.67.890
Be patient, it can take hours-days to be able to use your domain name.
(It's not up to Godaddy)
I've already gotten my IP, but when I type it in and try to connect to it, it says the same as above. Does logging in anonymously effect do anything different then logging in with the info I use on the site provider? Or do I just have to wait, and maybe tomorrow, or next week, it'll work?

I've already gotten my IP, but when I type it in and try to connect to it, it says the same as above. Does logging in anonymously effect do anything different then logging in with the info I use on the site provider? Or do I just have to wait, and maybe tomorrow, or next week, it'll work?
Something is wrong then.
With that IP there is no waiting, it works immediately, provided you have a site.

I just bought the URL, and tried to put it in to FileZilla right away. Is that all I need to do? Or do I need to link it to my XenForo acc somehow first?
You have to buy the site (webspace ) as well.

Nameservers pointed to the site: it will start working sometime.(Maybe hours)

You have to buy the site (webspace ) as well.

Nameservers pointed to the site: it will start working sometime.(Maybe hours)
So as things stand, it should work for me in a few hours if I wait? Or is there still something I need to buy? Cuz I didn't understand what you meant about webspace.

So as things stand, it should work for me in a few hours if I wait?
I don't know.

Or is there still something I need to buy? Cuz I didn't understand what you meant about webspace.

You bought a domain from Godaddy.
Fine.

You need a host to give you space on their server.
It can be Godaddy as well.

Seems you do have it.(Because you have that IP)
Is it from Godaddy?
Perhaps they do point the nameservers automatically to your webspace, if they do then everything is fine.
If they don't then you have to do it manually.

I don't know.

You bought a domain from Godaddy.
Fine.

You need a host to give you space on their server.
It can be Godaddy as well.

Seems you do have it.(Because you have that IP)
Is it from Godaddy?
Perhaps they do point the nameservers automatically to your webspace, if they do then everything is fine.
If they don't then you have to do it manually.
So I found out that if I click on the get started button, it takes me to a place where I can activate my URL, but they want like 50$ for the cheapest option. Is this the usual price for getting a URL? Or is there anywhere I can get one for cheaper that u know of?

So I found out that if I click on the get started button, it takes me to a place where I can activate my URL, but they want like 50$ for the cheapest option. Is this the usual price for getting a URL? Or is there anywhere I can get one for cheaper that u know of?
Not necessary to take that offer.
Look for another host, and point your nameservers to that host's space.

Do you know any good reasonably priced places that I can buy this space?

That's a question that you'll get a lot of different answers on. I would read the forums and make you're own decision. The #1 thing for hosts are a good support system, some hosts will install XenForo for you.

Reactions: RO.
Top Bottom