Site is terribly unstable after the CloudFlare installation

DragonByte Tech

I'm assuming CF was only installed just now because the site died for about 5-10 minutes with a HTTP 520 I think it was, and then I got the "your browser is being checked by CloudFlare".

Now, every time I reload or browse, randomly the request will get stuck and just never process.

EDIT: I got the same error message while submitting this thread, had to click submit twice to get it to process, and then my browser was checked again. Very frustrating :(

Fillip

It happens every now and again but xenForo.com has been using Cloudflare for a while now :X3:

xenforo.com has been behind Cloudflare for a while now. That "your browser is being checked by CloudFlare" normally means the site has been switched to the "under attack" mode and is aggressively filtering traffic

It happens every now and again but xenForo.com has been using Cloudflare for a while now :X3:
I'd never seen the check before, so I didn't even realise :D

xenforo.com has been behind Cloudflare for a while now. That "your browser is being checked by CloudFlare" normally means the site has been switched to the "under attack" mode and is aggressively filtering traffic
Fair, I've never used CF so I didn't know that message only appeared when the site was in a special emergency mode.

We're actively fighting an attack right now.
Awe, hopefully it subsides soon.

Fillip

Yep, I was just about to post the same thing. Glad it turned out to be Cloudflare related and not Xenforo itself. I was worried for a second.

I actually have the opposite, it had been slow for around 2 weeks for me now it's back to normal.

I've had quick visits on the site as normal, but just got that cloudflare message myself so additional protection is certainly working...

Top Bottom