XF 1.4 Site is a big, black screen

jflory7

Hello XF community,

Having a strange issue with my website. So, right after installing 1.4, I was able to browse my site for a while until I started receiving a black screen on every page, and it seemed to be constantly loading.

I was able to log into my ACP and from there, I noticed the following error:
Code:
Server Error Log

Error Info
ErrorException: json_encode(): Invalid UTF-8 sequence in argument - library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Json.php:188
Generated By: jflory7, 2 minutes ago

Stack Trace

#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'json_encode(): ...', '/var/www/html/l...', 188, Array)
#1 /var/www/html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Json.php(188): json_encode(Array)
#2 /var/www/html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Json.php(104): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json::jsonEncodeForOutput(Array)
#3 /var/www/html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(586): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json->renderView('XenForo_ViewAdm...', Array, 'log_server_erro...', NULL)
#4 /var/www/html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json), Array)
#5 /var/www/html/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(212) "http://crystalcraftmc.com/admin.php?logs/server-error&id=3&&_xfRequestUri=%2Fadmin.php%3Flogs%2Fserver-error&_xfNoRedirect=1&_xfToken=1%2C1410324052%2C68a206cb5c5bab7a53c25ff4e65b043304ecf0f1&_xfResponseType=json"
  ["_GET"] => array(6) {
    ["logs/server-error"] => string(0) ""
    ["id"] => string(1) "3"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(28) "/admin.php?logs/server-error"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(53) "1,1410324052,68a206cb5c5bab7a53c25ff4e65b043304ecf0f1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}
Anyone have any idea what this all means or how I may be able to fix it? This is somewhat beyond me and I'd love some additional help. Thanks!

Edit: It seems I've also been able to pin this issue on whenever I open threads – browsing the forums is fine, all up until I open a thread!

The error you posted is actually an error while viewing the error log. It's not the original error.

I was able to browse some threads on your site. Are you still having the issue? If so, I would recommend disabling all add-ons and confirming the issue with the default style.

The error you posted is actually an error while viewing the error log. It's not the original error.

I was able to browse some threads on your site. Are you still having the issue? If so, I would recommend disabling all add-ons and confirming the issue with the default style.
Turns out it was an issue with my custom style. I had to apply a certain update to it, and once I did that, it fixed itself.

You can lock this thread – issue resolved!

Top Bottom