XF 2.1 Site crashes when uploading attachments

wrkalot

When I say "crash", I mean it takes down the entire server. All of my sites on this server (Hawk Host reseller) go off line for a few minutes. Can't even access cPanel. Nothing in the server error logs or the site error logs. Just poof.

This happens when adding multiple attachments at the same time.

EDIT: I increased the post_max_size to 18M and the memory_limit to 256 and it seems to be functioning now.

Last edited:
So, I am still having issues. I have a ongoing ticket with my host (HawkHost) and the issues is Imunify360. I was told to disable Mod Security in cPanel BUT is already disabled. I told them it was already disabled and they ignored that comment.

They replied again telling me that "The issue is due to the new security feature imunify360 which we have implemented on our server. I would recommend you to disable Mod_Security by going cPanel to disable ModSecurity and by adding the below code in your .htaccess file and add "SecFilterEngine Off" and "SecFilterScanPOST Off" to your htaccess file to disable the imunify check."

So, I have usually had good service from HawkHost but feel like I got the new guy on this one. Can anyone recommend the correct way to resolve this?

Well if you did what they wanted you to do and if it works for you, why do you say you still have issues?

Anyway, unfortunately nobody can help you with server related stuff because we don't have access to it. That is up to you and your hosting company. However, if the issue still persists and you can't solve it, hire someone from here to clear the issues.

I think what has me a little confused is that I told them exactly what I did. Uncommented those lines in htaccess, that mod security was already disabled etc, and they replied telling me to do what I already told them I did. It was like they didn't even read my ticket comments. Weird.

Anyway, as I stated above, it's working for me now and I am waiting for some of my members to test to see if they are still having issues.

Thanks for you replies.

Reactions: sbj
Top Bottom