XF 2.2 Single text field bug

beerForo

If you put a youtube URL in a single text box custom field, it converts to bb code in the post, but does not render the video.

I don't know if it is supposed to show the embedded video, but I don't think it is supposed to add and show raw media bb code that you didn't add.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're seeing but if you input any URL into any custom field while we do attempt to convert it to a clickable link if it appears to be a URL we do not attempt to do anything else with it. It isn't converted to BB code. We just make the text linked. "Raw media BB code" is not something that we attempt to display or handle here.

If I've misunderstood please provide more details but currently it feels like you may be seeing a behaviour coming from an add-on or some other customisation, perhaps using the "Value display HTML" or "Wrapper display HTML" values or some sort of template edit.

Converting the link to an embeddable video is not something we're trying to do here so that would be better made as a suggestion

Ok it would seem to be expected, I turned a rich text box to text box (which the system allows). So a YT url had the [media] tags around it in the text field after because it added them in rich. Also it would happen if you started as a text field with a YT url, switched to rich, and back. You would see media tags in the text box.

Also something of note, if I enter a basic url into a text field it turns to a hyperlink. If I switch the box to rich, it is a non-hyperlinked url. Doesn't that seem to be reverse logic? Switch it back to text box and it is hyperlinked again.

Anyway that's what happened. Thanks

Top Bottom