Single Sign-On through XenForo

B1K3R

Hello all :)

I am developing a 3rd party web application for racedepartment.com with C#.Net and I'm investigating if I can do a single sign-on through XenForo.

In a nut shell, what I will try to do is the following:

1. user logs into Xenforo forum
2. there will be a link in xenforo for the new web application
3. when user clicks on link, I would like to grab the xenforo username, check if he/she is authenticated and then pass the username to the new application. If not authenticated, then new web app will still load, but no user will be signed in.

Is this possible please? And if so, how can I do it?

Thanks!!!

Ok.....let me make it simpler...

Is it possible that I have a link in Xenforo forum with the username as parameter?

Example:

website.com/test/hello.aspx?UserName=VariableOne

Where VariableOne would contain the username from Xenforo forum.

Cheers

Ok.....let me make it simpler...

Is it possible that I have a link in Xenforo forum with the username as parameter?

Example:

website.com/test/hello.aspx?UserName=VariableOne

Where VariableOne would contain the username from Xenforo forum.

Cheers
Not by default, but you may be able to modify the login controller to pass the username as a parameter.

You can edit the template and add a link to your external site, in the link you can use something like {$visitor.username} to include the logged in user's name. However, that sounds like a security nightmare...

/shameless plug: or you can use OAuth to authenticate user from your external site by installing the [bd] API add-on. There are popular ASP.NET libraries that support OAuth I believe.

Top Bottom