Single Sign-on Provider?

CyberTech

We've just licensed Xenforo, and it looks great. However, before we do a major site revamp for it, we'd like to tie all the services together.

I'm looking for a PROVIDER plugin for SSO for xenoforo -- I don't care if it's openid, oauth2, LDAP, or what, just so long as it's SOME standard. Does anyone know of a published product for this?

I'm aware of XenSSO (now Single Sign On Master by Waindig).
I'm aware that Naatan was/is working on XenOpenID, but I have seen no further information there.

Any help would be appreciated, whether it be links to projects, or information about people working on such a project.

Last edited:
Single Sign On Master by Waindigo is actually XenSSO, and as far as I know, is a customized openid solution which only works with the XenSSO Slaves. I've already installed it, and it doesn't support anything else out of the box.

If someone has information on using it as a stock openid provider, that'd be great. I remember the (now deleted) xensso resource thread had a discussion on this subject.

Thanks Henrik, however that one, unless it's got undocumented features, is only for hosting multiple Xenforo forums from a common database.

I'm looking to use Xenforos database to authenticate mediawiki, Redmine, and a few other systems users. I'm aware of the plugin for mediawiki to have it auth directly from Xenforos DB, however an openid/oauth/etc provider would be far cleaner and less prone to breakage (and would work for all targets at once)

Single Sign On Master by Waindigo is actually XenSSO, and as far as I know, is a customized openid solution which only works with the XenSSO Slaves. I've already installed it, and it doesn't support anything else out of the box.

If someone has information on using it as a stock openid provider, that'd be great. I remember the (now deleted) xensso resource thread had a discussion on this subject.
I am also looking into implementing my own version of OpenID provider, however I am currently occupied with other work. I also need it for my MediaWikis so I understand where you are coming from.

Also, XenSSO IS using OpenID.

Top Bottom