Single Sign On (Master) by Waindigo [Deleted]

Jon W

Waindigo submitted a new resource:

Single Sign On (Master) by Waindigo - Allow your users to sign up once, then sign in across all your XenForo sites with that one login.

Description:
XenSSO is an addon for XenForo that at it’s core allows your users to sign up once, then sign in across all your XenForo sites with that one login. It uses OpenID under the hood and some custom tailoring for additional features not covered by OpenID.

Features of this add-on include:
  • Single Sign On, of course...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
So what happens if you use this with 2 sites, then shut one of the sites down at some point?
Then you should be able to uninstall this add-on and your users will still exist and work as normal on the 1 site you have left.

so this functions about the same as XenSSO in that respect, yeh?
The current add-on differs very little from XenSSO. The main differences are that it has been updated to work with XenForo 1.2 and the files have been moved around a bit to make it more consistent with other Waindigo add-ons etc.

Can you explain then the difference between the "master" and "slave" versions of this add on? Sorry for the noob question...
If you think of it in terms of the 'Login with Facebook' option that already exists, Facebook is the "master" and your site is the "slave".

So you need to install the "master" add-on on the server that will behave like Facebook (the one that will store ALL your users details) and the "slave" add-on on any other site that you want to be able to login to by using the master. Hope that makes sense.

So I turn off the master, will the slave site lose all of the members that logged in with their master site account?

So I turn off the master, will the slave site lose all of the members that logged in with their master site account?
If you turn off the master, then you will have to disable the add-on on the slave otherwise no logging in will be allowed. As long as the add-on is disabled, normal logging in should happen.

The only difference would be that users may have to reset their passwords to gain access for the first time, similar to how users would have to reset their password if you disabled the ability to Login by Facebook and they had registered their account using Facebook.

I see myself using it, so I'll be helping development a bit, doing what I can.

What features do you want to see in the future?

Hmmm... If I make the master my smaller, newer site and the slave my older, huge site... will the people registered with the slave site be able to log into the master site?

Hmmm... If I make the master my smaller, newer site and the slave my older, huge site... will the people registered with the slave site be able to log into the master site?
You will be able to sync all the users from your slave site (the older, huge one) onto the master. See this screenshot:
sync1-png.53952

You will be able to sync all the users from your slave site (the older, huge one) onto the master. See this screenshot:
sync1-png.53952
Cool, I think that is the right way to go then!

EDIT:

Do permissions get moved over or is that a separate thing?

Will there be any extra "pro" features for those of us that spent $60.00 on it before you took it over?
I'm simply removing mine... I'm not incorporating Waindigo copyright nonsense into my sites, with the silly x pound per 1000 members registered + how many Waindigo add-ons you have, to remove it.

I'm simply removing mine... I'm not incorporating Waindigo copyright nonsense into my sites, with the silly x pound per 1000 members registered + how many Waindigo add-ons you have, to remove it.

Maybe branding free could be considered for those of us that paid for this. After all there was no branding when we purchased it. Even more so someone like @Anthony Parsons that not only purchased it same as us, but invested in domains and all for naathan to have a demo test site with working slaves and all. I do have to agree on this branding now sucks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom