Simple suggestion for add-on directories

ineedhelp

This isn't a new add-on request.

Just a suggestion: The directory names should be labelled by the name of the Add-on - In some cases they are.. but in many, it's labelled by the xenforo member's username which is fine - but it can get confusing if u have a number of mods in ur /library/ and can't remember the main folder for it.

Or sometimes the initial directory name isn't even the member's username, so you have to go within a directory to figure out which mod it is...

Thats all ;)

Yes Brogan, that's right........ thanks james.

Is there any estimated date for when the new xenforo upgrade will be released?

I don't think the Resource Manager will address the point made in the opening post, which is how the add-on directories are named within the library directory.

I think ineedhelp is specifically referencing certain mod authors who name their mods after ****ty anime characters... so you can never remember what mod directory is what because they have such crap names.

I think ineedhelp is specifically referencing certain mod authors who name their mods after ****ty anime characters... so you can never remember what mod directory is what because they have such crap names.
Yeah, thats almost as annoying as add-on authors assuming everyone will work around what they've done, even though it causes problems for everyone else.

I just keep a tracker document on everything I do on my board. Right at the tiop on page 1 it lists my add-ons and where to find them, so I have the name to search with.

But yes the names are confusing. I understand STARTING the filename with the user creator - grouping that person's work helps the support relationship as I know what they are like and how best to approach them.
Then second they will often want to use their own name for the mod - porta instead of portal for example.

Maybe it could be custom to add a category term on the end as the core function - wki - gallery - portal etc

Yeah, thats almost as annoying as add-on authors assuming everyone will work around what they've done, even though it causes problems for everyone else.
Are you still going on about the .sidebar thing in XenPorta? I've already explained why its there... that will not change. Its there to make sure column blocks look like sidebar blocks; while a few people with a specific custom skin feature may have issues with it; it increases compatibility of almost every other skin.

Are you still going on about the .sidebar thing in XenPorta? I've already explained why its there... that will not change. Its there to make sure column blocks look like sidebar blocks; while a few people with a specific custom skin feature may have issues with it; it increases compatibility of almost every other skin.
That among other things :).

Top Bottom