• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Simple Question

I am looking for the add-on/resource that enables you to add custom
content along with post count etc below your avatar in a post.

Here is an example:

Pereira

Admin Panel > Appearance > Styles > "name of style" > Style Property Groups > Message Elements

You can add more custom user fields by going to Admin Panel > Users > Custom User Fields

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
That doesn't need an add-on :)

They are custom user fields.

You can create custom user fields in the Admin CP > Users > Custom User Fields. You can choose for each field which can be shown in the message_user_info.

Then, if you search your Admin CP for "messageShowCustomFields" you will find the option to display custom fields in the message_user_info.

EDIT: Ninja!

That doesn't need an add-on :)

They are custom user fields.

You can create custom user fields in the Admin CP > Users > Custom User Fields. You can choose for each field which can be shown in the message_user_info.

Then, if you search your Admin CP for "messageShowCustomFields" you will find the option to display custom fields in the message_user_info.

EDIT: Ninja!
Admin Panel > Appearance > Styles > "name of style" > Style Property Groups > Message Elements

You can add more custom user fields by going to Admin Panel > Users > Custom User Fields
Hmm - I made the fields and have a check mark in "Show custom user fields" however they aren't displaying.

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
Yes, it could be. Have you changed this at all?

This is the code in the template that renders the custom fields:

Code:
<xen:if is="@messageShowCustomFields AND {$user.customFields}">
<xen:hook name="message_user_info_custom_fields" params="{xen:array 'user={$user}', 'isQuickReply={$isQuickReply}'}">

<xen:foreach loop="$userFieldsInfo" key="$fieldId" value="$fieldInfo">
<xen:if is="{$fieldInfo.viewable_message}">
<xen:if hascontent="true">
<dl class="pairsInline userField_{$fieldId}">
<dt>{xen:helper userFieldTitle, $fieldId}:</dt>
<dd><xen:contentcheck>{xen:helper userFieldValue, $fieldInfo, $user, {$user.customFields.{$fieldId}}}</xen:contentcheck></dd>
</dl>
</xen:if>
</xen:foreach>

</xen:hook>

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
For them to display, the fields actually need to contain content.

I am more than happy to take a look at your site for you if you send me the URL, but I fear that for me to be able to see anything useful I will need to see your Admin CP.

If you want me to do that for you, PM me login details for a restricted access admin account, and I'll happily take a look.

For them to display, the fields actually need to contain content.

I am more than happy to take a look at your site for you if you send me the URL, but I fear that for me to be able to see anything useful I will need to see your Admin CP.

If you want me to do that for you, PM me login details for a restricted access admin account, and I'll happily take a look.
Sent. Thanks for your help :)