Add-on Simple Pay Pal Donation System?

MistyMeanor

Does anyone have a list of add-ons that allow for Pay Pal donations?

I came across this one, which sounds exact to what I am looking for, but a little too steep for my pocketbook at this moment - and may just have to wait until I can afford it. (Kind of ironic, looking to implement donation system, but don't have the money to buy a donation system! LOL!)
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/donation-manager.385/update?update=2934

But I tried searching Paypal, donate, donations, donation and mostly pulled up @Waindigo's add ons LOL! and came across a lot where members can purchase credits and such... but is there any other add ons that my cost less or free that is just a simple PP integration to where my forum could show the buttons to make a donation?

In theory you could install bd Widget Framework -> make an html widget -> copy the html for the donation button. I'm not sure if you're looking for something more complex, like keeping track of the user's that donate or not.

You could just set up a User Upgrade in the Admin CP.

User purchases the upgrade, they pay by PayPal and then they are promoted to an additional usergroup. So you could then reward your members for their donation with access to another forum, or increased permissions, or something like that.

Hrmmmm... all really valid ideas to think about. At this time though, I cannot think of any way or what I could offer to users that would intrigue them enough to buy a promotion in a sense. I haven't even set up usergroup promotions just for that reason. I just want the ability for any user to donate if they feel the need to. I have XenPorta on my forum as well... hrmmm thinking, thinking...

The problem with using user upgrades for what you're attempting to do is that you have to set the price. You could also set up a page node as the title Donation, and have the html for the button on that page as well.

The problem with using user upgrades for what you're attempting to do is that you have to set the price. You could also set up a page node as the title Donation, and have the html for the button on that page as well.
Ahhhh... now THAT may work. I do have nodes for tabs installed...

Top Bottom