1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Donation system

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Thunderfall, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Thunderfall

Thunderfall New Member

I am considering adding some kind of donation system that has perks (such as no ads) for members who donated certain amount.

Any suggestions on how to do that? Is there a third party addon that simplifies the process?

2. WoodiE

WoodiE Well-Known Member

@Thunderfall you can do this with the built in user upgrades. If you're looking for an alternate donation system, I also use [AD] Donate (from @ThemeHouse) for a short while now and have been very pleased with it.
  3. Thunderfall

Thunderfall New Member

Thanks for the reply.

How do the users make the payment though? I don't think the forum has any built in payment system.

Do users make payment via third party service like PayPal then admin manually add the user to the donor user group?
  4. Divvens

Divvens Well-Known Member

The built in user upgrades would handle basic needs. If you want an even more powerful donation system: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/dbtech-dragonbyte-donate.5261/
  5. WoodiE

WoodiE Well-Known Member

Yes the built-in system will support Paypal and once payment has been made can automatically add the user into a new user group if you so wish.
  6. Thunderfall

Thunderfall New Member

Thanks for the replies! I got the built in system to work lag night. It's pretty easy to setup and sufficient for my need.