Simple Forms [Paid] [Deleted]

Hi John,

Is this supported on xf 1.2.5? or strictly 1.3.x only. I'm interested in this and my board is still on 1.2.5

thanks.
We have an older version with legacy support for 1.2.5, however it does not have all of the features of our current version and does not have all of the same bug fixes. It's highly recommended that you use 1.3.x. If that's not an option then you could use the 1.2.5 version, but I would not recommend it.

Hi John, just purchased this add-on. Good stuff man.

For Required Fields, how do I hide the text "Required", under the field's title on the form?

Hi John, just purchased this add-on. Good stuff man.

For Required Fields, how do I hide the text "Required", under the field's title on the form?
As of this moment there is no way to hide the required text that shows up. The forms are built using the XenForo standard for form submission so it functions the same way. We can look into adding classes in the future to allow you to target that text, but as of right now it's not possible.
Do I need to pay for this again if I paid for an older version?
We have support and upgrades fee of $5 per year for the addon. If your year has expired then you will just simply need to buy the support and upgrades addon again.

Hi, John!
Recently I bought your add-on, because I heard you added prefix support to it. However, users can't select prefix from the list. Can you add this functionality? This functionality is really important for me.

Hi, John!
Recently I bought your add-on, because I heard you added prefix support to it. However, users can't select prefix from the list. Can you add this functionality? This functionality is really important for me.
Hi Nevil,

We, unfortunately, do not develop functionality immediately on request. It's not how we handle the development of this addon. We can put your suggestion into the future feature list, however we are not doing any major development work on Simple Forms until our latest product is done. We'll be doing strictly maintenance releases.

I'm going to need a little more detail here as well. The thread prefix functionality has always been an admin/moderator side feature. Our thread prefix support simply gives an admin the ability to select what prefix they want the thread to have upon creation. The fields and prefixes have no relationship.

One of our future features is to create conditionals for fields and destinations. It's possible to create a conditional for destinations and depending on the value of a field, change the destination to one which has the correct prefix set. Other than that there is no way to make thread prefixes user-facing because not all forms create new threads.

One of our future features is to create conditionals for fields and destinations. It's possible to create a conditional for destinations and depending on the value of a field, change the destination to one which has the correct prefix set. Other than that there is no way to make thread prefixes user-facing because not all forms create new threads.
I want to make a bug tracker. Form will create a post. Prefix of this post will vary depending on option selected in form. Can the functionality you wrote about help me to make it?

I want to make a bug tracker. Form will create a post. Prefix of this post will vary depending on option selected in form. Can the functionality you wrote about help me to make it?
The functionality we created only allows the form creator (admin) to select the default prefix when the thread is created. For example, it would apply the prefix "PENDING" by default. It has no connection to the options selected.

Our future feature should allow you to do this, however there is no ETA on this as it is a HUGE development task that will result in a milestone release (3.x).

Hi, John. I get an error when creating New Form Destination (post):

Code:
Template Errors: lpsf_form_destination_edit

Illegal string offset 'inputClass' in /home/www/ep13.oldraggame.ru/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(265) : eval()'d code, line 184:

183: 'id' => 'ctrl_destination_options__' . htmlspecialchars($option['option_id'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8'),
    184: 'inputclass' => (($option['format_params']['inputClass']) ? (htmlspecialchars($option['format_params']['inputClass'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8')) : ('')),
    185: '_data' => array(

Illegal string offset 'data-acDisplay' in /home/www/ep13.oldraggame.ru/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(265) : eval()'d code, line 186:

186: 'acDisplay' => (($option['format_params']['data-acDisplay']) ? (htmlspecialchars($option['format_params']['data-acDisplay'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8')) : ('')),
    187: 'acUrl' => (($option['format_params']['data-acUrl']) ? (XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::adminLink(htmlspecialchars($option['format_params']['data-acUrl'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8'), false, array())) : (''))

Illegal string offset 'data-acUrl' in /home/www/ep13.oldraggame.ru/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(265) : eval()'d code, line 187:

186: 'acDisplay' => (($option['format_params']['data-acDisplay']) ? (htmlspecialchars($option['format_params']['data-acDisplay'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8')) : ('')),
    187: 'acUrl' => (($option['format_params']['data-acUrl']) ? (XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::adminLink(htmlspecialchars($option['format_params']['data-acUrl'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8'), false, array())) : (''))
    188: )

But the functionality works fine, no error issues.

Hi, John. I get an error when creating New Form Destination (post):

Code:
Template Errors: lpsf_form_destination_edit

Illegal string offset 'inputClass' in /home/www/ep13.oldraggame.ru/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(265) : eval()'d code, line 184:

183: 'id' => 'ctrl_destination_options__' . htmlspecialchars($option['option_id'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8'),
    184: 'inputclass' => (($option['format_params']['inputClass']) ? (htmlspecialchars($option['format_params']['inputClass'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8')) : ('')),

Illegal string offset 'data-acDisplay' in /home/www/ep13.oldraggame.ru/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(265) : eval()'d code, line 186:

Illegal string offset 'data-acUrl' in /home/www/ep13.oldraggame.ru/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(265) : eval()'d code, line 187:

188: )

But the functionality works fine, no error issues.
Hi Nevil,

Please open a support ticket so we can track and respond accordingly.

Hi John. Help me please. I want to insert it in the topic name thread_id. I tried to insert {$thread.tread_id} and {$posts.post_id}. Its does not work.

Hi John. Help me please. I want to insert it in the topic name thread_id. I tried to insert {$thread.tread_id} and {$posts.post_id}. Its does not work.
There is no variable available to do something like that. When the user creates a new thread/post based of the form that's being submitted, there is no way to know what the ID will be. Since the thread/post has not been created yet.

I just need something unique number. Is there anything?

Enter the title of the thread. You may use {$visitor.username} for the submitters username and any other template variables.
What is the name of this template?

Last edited:
I just need something unique number. Is there anything?

What is the name of this template?
Try using this: {$visitor.register_date}{$visitor.user_id}

That is a combination of the register date and user id. It should create a long unique string of numbers for your new threads and posts.

Edit: Actually it's not unique if the user submits it multiple times...unfortunately that's the best I could come up with.

Last edited:
Top Bottom