Simple Forms [Paid] [Deleted]

Sorry for the lack of responses guys, but we have been handling a few personal things on the side as well as one-off projects. Simple Forms is still being actively developed, but no we have no ETA for 1.2. It's a possibility that 1.2 may be 2.0 as A LOT of things have changed. When we have more information and get close to a BETA release we will let you all know.

Once again, if you have any issues installing the software please make sure you put your license key found in the Client Area into the license.dat file located within /library/LiquidPro/SimpleForms/

Thank you!

Hi LP-John,

I run a gaming website where users can submit "build guides" for their characters. At the moment I have a template that needs to be copied and pasted into a new thread, and all new threads are moderated. The problem is, there's still a lot of variation between what I've asked for an what I actually get. Thus a lot of our time is taken up editted posts such that they meet the exact criteria for a build guide. Do you think that your addon will help us?

See below:
http://www.hackslashrepeat.com/threads/how-to-add-a-diablo-3-character-build-guide.696/
http://www.hackslashrepeat.com/threads/diablo-3-build-wizard-arcane-temporal-flux-build.762/

Reactions: DRE
Hi LP-John,

I run a gaming website where users can submit "build guides" for their characters. At the moment I have a template that needs to be copied and pasted into a new thread, and all new threads are moderated. The problem is, there's still a lot of variation between what I've asked for an what I actually get. Thus a lot of our time is taken up editted posts such that they meet the exact criteria for a build guide. Do you think that your addon will help us?

See below:
http://www.hackslashrepeat.com/threads/how-to-add-a-diablo-3-character-build-guide.696/
http://www.hackslashrepeat.com/threads/diablo-3-build-wizard-arcane-temporal-flux-build.762/
Absolutely, that is what this plugin is made for. It allows you to specify criteria in fields and your users can use that specifically to create new posts. What I like to do is disable the "new post" ability from your users and then give them permission to submit a "Simple Form". Then create a notice that tells them to fill out this form to complete the application. You can then specify all the criteria like you have in your build guide. You can customize the template how you wish in the "Form Destination" options. If you want to test it out you can try our free version but that doesn't not post to new threads, only email. But you can get a better understanding of how the software works.

Reactions: DRE
Absolutely, that is what this plugin is made for. It allows you to specify criteria in fields and your users can use that specifically to create new posts. What I like to do is disable the "new post" ability from your users and then give them permission to submit a "Simple Form". Then create a notice that tells them to fill out this form to complete the application. You can then specify all the criteria like you have in your build guide. You can customize the template how you wish in the "Form Destination" options. If you want to test it out you can try our free version but that doesn't not post to new threads, only email. But you can get a better understanding of how the software works.
Great, thanks John. When the output is posted as a thread, is there any way to customise it? I.e. I'd want the main heading to be larger and red, as I have at the moment.

Also, can the user specify just PART of the thread title? By part, I mean I want to force the prefix "Diablo 3 Build - " so that the thread is posted as "Diablo 3 Build - <user's input for thread title>". The user will also need to be able to specify what forum name the thread will be posted to. I assume there is some control over what forums can be selectable for this?

Great, thanks John. When the output is posted as a thread, is there any way to customise it? I.e. I'd want the main heading to be larger and red, as I have at the moment.

Also, can the user specify just PART of the thread title? By part, I mean I want to force the prefix "Diablo 3 Build - " so that the thread is posted as "Diablo 3 Build - <user's input for thread title>". The user will also need to be able to specify what forum name the thread will be posted to. I assume there is some control over what forums can be selectable for this?
Sure can, there is a template system so you can change the look of the field values and titles.

I am using the free version for now and installed great.

Quick question, is there any way for normal members to view the submitted form results?

Also when i click responses via the admin-cp it doesn't show up the attachments i uploaded.

I am using the free version for now and installed great.

Quick question, is there any way for normal members to view the submitted form results?

Also when i click responses via the admin-cp it doesn't show up the attachments i uploaded.
Well the only way for your members to see the results would be to have them posted to the new thread or post. However, that would require our paid versions. Also, the responses don't have the attachments. We will look into this for our next version.

Well the only way for your members to see the results would be to have them posted to the new thread or post. However, that would require our paid versions. Also, the responses don't have the attachments. We will look into this for our next version.
Thanks John, i guess if they are posted to a new thread the attachment would appear ok in the thread?

Thanks John, i guess if they are posted to a new thread the attachment would appear ok in the thread?
Correct, it would show just as any attachment posted would :).

Also if you set a destination to an email address, it will also be available as an attachment there too.

Getting this too: Your license key is invalid. But, copied it over. There's no readme in that file to rexplain it.

And where do we find the plugin at to create a form?
HHBez.jpg

It's not showing up.

"You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action." How do we get this for other admins besides the super admin to have access? Thanks!

Getting this too: Your license key is invalid. But, copied it over. There's no readme in that file to rexplain it.

And where do we find the plugin at to create a form?
HHBez.jpg

It's not showing up.

"You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action." How do we get this for other admins besides the super admin to have access? Thanks!
The installation instructions are located on the description page here: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/liquidpro-simple-forms.289/

We will put them in the README document for the next release to avoid confusion.

Also, if you are not seeing Simple Forms listed as an option it's because you haven't given yourself permissions to view it:
permissions.webp
You can find that under "Administrators" in the "Users" tab. Just check off "Manage Simple Forms" for the user.

Love the form posting to a forum. Do you know if there's a way to get the form post new thread link to go to the form directly?

Love the form posting to a forum. Do you know if there's a way to get the form post new thread link to go to the form directly?
We've looked into this and doesn't seem possible at this time. You can take away new post abilities from the usergroup on that forum and just make sure that they have permissions to submit a form with Simple Forms. It will overwrite that permission.

Is it possible to create section headers for forms to nicely seperate the form into logical blocks?

So for example in a clan application form I might want to have player information under a heading of 'Player Information' and then have another header section above other fields.

Top Bottom