Simple Forms [Paid] [Deleted]

Does this work with 1.5? I just purchased it without noticing.....
Not officially, but yes it still works with 1.5.
I have used this plugin on vbulletin before switching to xenforo. In regards to the dropdown selection, on the vbulletin version I could put free-text of the list I want to be on the dropdown...
I create a list i.e. Age with Excel and copy it into the field, and then it will convert it into separate non-free-text fields on save

How can I add a copied list of for example Countries to the dropdown without having the need to manually write every single one of them on every single field?
You will have to write those in manually. The field types and inputs follow XenForo's standards for creating custom user fields and dropdowns are added in that same way. We may investigate changing that in the future, but for now that's the setup.
So many questions....; What happened to "private fields"? or the possibility to NOT output the answer into the destination?
Private Fields? I do not believe we ever had that type of field, but keep in mind we are not the same author as the vBulletin plugin you're used to. There was no feature set match since our product does things theirs does not and vice versa. We are working on a couple new field types for 2.1.10, but we have no ETA on those.

Private Fields? I do not believe we ever had that type of field, but keep in mind we are not the same author as the vBulletin plugin you're used to. There was no feature set match since our product does things theirs does not and vice versa. We are working on a couple new field types for 2.1.10, but we have no ETA on those.

ok, I thought you were :)

Though, I have just found out that you CAN actually not output a certain field by specifying a Thread Template on the Form Destination and leaving out the field that you don't want to be outputted.

ok, I thought you were :)

Though, I have just found out that you CAN actually not output a certain field by specifying a Thread Template on the Form Destination and leaving out the field that you don't want to be outputted.
That you can do, I must have misunderstood the question. As of right do not have locked fields or fields that are hidden from the users submitting the form. That will be added in the next release.

@LP-John
Is LiquidPro Core 1.0.1 still required for Simple Forms 2.1.9? I recently upgraded to 2.1.9, but your website doesn't mention anything about the Core add-on.

I have disabled it, which appears to cause no issues with Simple Forms.

Is it safe to remove?

@LP-John
Is LiquidPro Core 1.0.1 still required for Simple Forms 2.1.9? I recently upgraded to 2.1.9, but your website doesn't mention anything about the Core add-on.

I have disabled it, which appears to cause no issues with Simple Forms.

Is it safe to remove?
Oh that has not been necessary for quite a long time. It's safe to completely uninstall.

@LP-John,

Just purchased Simple Forms for a client of mine, fantastic plugin!

Is there a way that I can have a 'select form' drop down field as part of the form?

I ask because the client wants to put a 'Post New Review' button next to the 'Post New Thread' button in each sub-forum.

That button would take you to the form which would have review fields to fill out (since this is a product review forum).

However, the form needs to know which sub-forum to post to (this could be done using a drop down selection), and rather than create a form for each sub-form it would be easier to do it this way since all the forums will use the same review form.

@LP-John,

Just purchased Simple Forms for a client of mine, fantastic plugin!

Is there a way that I can have a 'select form' drop down field as part of the form?

I ask because the client wants to put a 'Post New Review' button next to the 'Post New Thread' button in each sub-forum.

That button would take you to the form which would have review fields to fill out (since this is a product review forum).

However, the form needs to know which sub-forum to post to (this could be done using a drop down selection), and rather than create a form for each sub-form it would be easier to do it this way since all the forums will use the same review form.
Hello,

As of right now there is no way to do what you've described unfortunately. The plugin would not be able to tell which form creates threads in which forum node. You would have to make a review form for each forum node as needed. You could copy the review form numerous times, but if you have global changes to make then it could become problematic.

Conditional destinations have requested and is in the agenda, but no ETA as of right now. Have a Happy New Year!

I'm very interested in buying this, but I have one question:

I need one multi-line textfield (or a field with editor) that requires a minimum of characters entered. Is there any possibility to check this and give an error when a user doesn't enter enough characters?

I'm very interested in buying this, but I have one question:

I need one multi-line textfield (or a field with editor) that requires a minimum of characters entered. Is there any possibility to check this and give an error when a user doesn't enter enough characters?
Hello,

Fields have a minimum and maximum length you can specify. The error message cannot be customized, but it does popup.

@LP-John

Is this suitable for creating new threads - I was looking to use it for filling in a form for a Classifieds Node - So "Condition of Box" etc - so all posts were unified in their look.

Thanks,

@LP-John

Is this suitable for creating new threads - I was looking to use it for filling in a form for a Classifieds Node - So "Condition of Box" etc - so all posts were unified in their look.

Thanks,
Hello,

Yes our product should do the trick. You can have forms submitted to new threads, posts, private messages and emails. Also all submitted data is stored in the database to be pulled later into a CSV file if needed.

@Thom Tyler We use this for a classifieds section. One thing to note is that if you need different prefixes (for example for buy/sell/trade) then you will need to make three separate forms. If you have a lot of classifieds forums as we do, it becomes unwieldy fast.

Top Bottom