Simple Forms [Paid] [Deleted]

There's a field where we want people to put the URL of an image ending in jpg, gif or png. So I set it to value match this regular expression:
Code:
([^\s]+(\.(?i)(jpg|png|gif))$)

Is this ok to use, or is it exploitable in any way? Is there a better way of handling it?

There's a field where we want people to put the URL of an image ending in jpg, gif or png. So I set it to value match this regular expression:
Code:
([^\s]+(\.(?i)(jpg|png|gif))$)

Is this ok to use, or is it exploitable in any way? Is there a better way of handling it?
Hi empire,

We aren't very familiar with regular expressions. Your best guess would be as good as ours and I would reach out to the XenForo community at large for this question. The regex validation we're using is the same as XenForo's default functionality for custom user fields.

As far as exploitation, it's only as exploitable as XenForo's code is. It's literally the same.

Hey @LP-John

Thanks for the Forms, it works very well.

I just upgraded the Xenforo to 1.5.0 and some Weeks ago to 1.5.1 - everything still works fine.
But i would like to add another Form - if i want to add a Form Field in the New Form, i always get 403 Access Denied.

Do you know, are there some Problems with the new Xenforo Versions?

Thanks,
oNdsen

Hey @LP-John

Thanks for the Forms, it works very well.

I just upgraded the Xenforo to 1.5.0 and some Weeks ago to 1.5.1 - everything still works fine.
But i would like to add another Form - if i want to add a Form Field in the New Form, i always get 403 Access Denied.

Do you know, are there some Problems with the new Xenforo Versions?

Thanks,
oNdsen
Hello,

It's not something that I'm aware of or has been reported. I would open a support ticket so we can look into it further. Try to include as much details as possible about your installation and even an export of the form you created.

Hi John

Does this form display the fields on Tapatalk? In other words..does the addon directly insert the fields in the message? That will make it 100% compatible with Tapatalk (read mode only)

Hi John

Does this form display the fields on Tapatalk? In other words..does the addon directly insert the fields in the message? That will make it 100% compatible with Tapatalk (read mode only)
Hello,

We actually do not support Tapatalk, so I couldn't say if it works or not. I have personally never used them. I would venture to say that it's wouldn't work if it requires some API development.

Hello,

We actually do not support Tapatalk, so I couldn't say if it works or not. I have personally never used them. I would venture to say that it's wouldn't work if it requires some API development.
If the addon is uninstalled will all fields disappear on posts?

You mean any forms submitted that create new threads, posts or conversations? No that text will still be there.
Thank you. That means it will be totally compatible with Tapatalk (read only) because fields are directly inserted in the message as text and not loading a script for example.

Is it possible to add forms to existing templates? For example, let's say I want to add a small form to one of the help pages.

Is it possible to add forms to existing templates? For example, let's say I want to add a small form to one of the help pages.
As of right now there is no way to embed your forms into other pages. You can however use the HTML header and footer sections to turn the form into a page itself.

Is there no simple function to hide a field from the client side?
Ex. User-id, email, date, time, ip.
Or am I over looking it?

Last edited:
Is there no simple function to hide a field from the client side?
Ex. User id, date, time, ip.
Or am I over looking it?
There isn't a hide field functionality available, but you can hide it using CSS if you wanted temporarily. You can also use the template section for each destination and manually add all of your fields and simply insert that information into the template. That might be a little more complicated than what you're seeking to do.

We can look into adding that in a future release for you.

Thanks
What about having a pre-populated field locked from edits?
ex. having user-id field view-able to the client but un-editable?
Thanks.

Top Bottom