Simple Forms [Paid] [Deleted]

Is this what those csv files we export the forms are for? Microsoft Excel right? Can Liquid Pro Forms also be imported to Google Docs? http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/import-or-export-text-txt-or-csv-files-HP010099725.aspx
It exports the submissions as a .csv file and you can do whatever you would like with it. I believe Google Docs can read csv files like Excel.
So this isn't working in Xenforo 1.2 yet right. When they are, will they be responsive?

I wanna buy this and play around with it but I would have to do so on a local Xenforo 1.1.5 installation.
It's not compatible yet, but we are working on it. Yes, responsive does work because we are using default XenForo styles. This was one of the first things we tested. (Aside from the new editor which also works flawlessly).
If we buy Simple Forms but want to upgrade to Developer version in the future, do we have to buy the Developer version seperately or is there a upgrade price instead of having to pay the full price since we would already have regular Simple Forms.
You can upgrade your license at anytime. When you upgrade through the client area it generates an invoice based on the difference in price between the two licenses.

Reactions: DRE
Do you have a site that has forms we can fill out as a demonstration?

Are the forms we fill out associated with our account? Like can you see them listed in AdminCP?

Can a mod or admin fill out forms for a user?
The forum we have on our web site is available as a demo. We have some forms on the site that you can look at. We don't have a demo that you could play around with unfortunately.

Yes, the submissions are controllable in the admincp area so you can see what users submitted what.

No, that's currently not possible unless you have their login information.

Reactions: DRE
The forum we have on our web site is available as a demo. We have some forms on the site that you can look at. We don't have a demo that you could play around with unfortunately.

Yes, the submissions are controllable in the admincp area so you can see what users submitted what.

No, that's currently not possible unless you have their login information.
That can be done with Waindigo's login as user modification.

--------

http://liquidpro.net/community/threads/thread-prefix-support.79/
LP-John said:
We are looking into the possibility of selecting the thread prefix by default.
How far along is this feature? Several addons such as Showcase by @bobster65 lets us pre-define a thread prefix.
You can easily set this up as a base form to submit tickets to a particular forum in combination with the prefixes from XenForo 1.1. That is how we use it for feature and bug submissions on our own forum. You can also set the form system to create a survey with various options such as:
  • One response per user.
  • A maximum of 100 responses.
  • Pull all results into a CSV for import into other systems.
aIt's very flexible and we hope to continue to make it flexible as we develop it further.
Wow. That should be advertised in the resource description.
There is no way this can be automated using Simple Forms. A form could be created to create the request, but not to automate the process. In the future when we improve the development support for the add-on, someone could modify it to include this functionality, but at the moment there aren't any hooks/etc. for a developer to use.
How about now in 1.2 Beta?
4. A rating scale feature so people could select options in a table for example Do you like forms - Strongly disagree, disagree, neutral, Agree, Strongly Agree. If your still not sure what I'm on about it's with adobe's forms just look for rating scale
We will look into adding more types of fields in the future
DUUUDDEEE IF YOU DO ANYTHING ELSE PLEASE DO THAT!! WE NEED RATING SCALES/STARS!!

So far we have this and I'd just rather not go this route...

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/star-rating-for-custom-fields-1-1-x-custom-field-xml.1596/
Got it. Thanks.

A request, can we have a system where user can add duplicates of a field.
Eg:
A form that has phone number filed.
By default only one field is shown id being {phone_number_1}
Now the user can click on a "+" next to this field to add another phone number field, it will automatically increment the field id so it is {phone_number_2}
At the time of the form creation the admin can have an option to allow multiple instances of the given field and set a limit as well.
Wow... great suggestion @MOZ

+1
Hi John, are there any plans to make this addon compatible with chris deeming's addon installer which automates the process rather than having to ftp in?
Sorry, probably not.
wtf

@Chris Deeming Addon Installer is the best thing to happen to Xenforo since 1.2. Now even noobs who don't know anything about ftp, have the time to learn or are willing to learn can easily install and upgrade addons on their site. By making Simple Forms installable with Addon Installer or even @Waindigo Install and Upgrade addon you will probably get more sales.

and lastly, are we allowed to release form templates in the Resource Manager on Xenforo.com?

Last edited:
That can be done with Waindigo's login as user modification.
But that has nothing to do with Simple Forms...
http://liquidpro.net/community/threads/thread-prefix-support.79/

How far along is this feature? Several addons such as Showcase by @bobster65 lets us pre-define a thread prefix.
We have other features that take precedence at the moment.
How about now in 1.2 Beta?
That is not something I would know. We haven't played around that much with XenForo 1.2, but you could ask another developer about the possibility of doing this for you. It's not something that would be a default feature.
DUUUDDEEE IF YOU DO ANYTHING ELSE PLEASE DO THAT!! WE NEED RATING SCALES/STARS!!

So far we have this and I'd just rather not go this route...

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/star-rating-for-custom-fields-1-1-x-custom-field-xml.1596/
Our current field types are based on what XenForo provides by default to keep the experience consistent between both. We can look into more advanced fieldtypes in the future, but at the moment it's not in our immediate plans.
wtf

@Chris Deeming Addon Installer is the best thing to happen to Xenforo since 1.2. Now even noobs who don't know anything about ftp, have the time to learn or are willing to learn can easily install and upgrade addons on their site. By making Simple Forms installable with Addon Installer or even @Waindigo Install and Upgrade addon you will probably get more sales.
We are unsure of how well this process would play with our licensing system. It's not that easy.
and lastly, are we allowed to release form templates in the Resource Manager on Xenforo.com?
Sure, I don't see why not.

But that has nothing to do with Simple Forms...
When there is a way to extend the features of your addon it does have something to do with Simple Forms. That's why you'll see several resource authors list links of resources either from themselves or others that enhance the experience of that resource.
We have other features that take precedence at the moment
Will this eventually be done though? There's plenty of posts asking for this feature in your thread and even requests on your site.
That is not something I would know. We haven't played around that much with XenForo 1.2, but you could ask another developer about the possibility of doing this for you. It's not something that would be a default feature.
Oh ok.
Our current field types are based on what XenForo provides by default to keep the experience consistent between both. We can look into more advanced fieldtypes in the future, but at the moment it's not in our immediate plans.
Xenforo gives us ratings by default.
xenforo-ui-sprite.webp
We are unsure of how well this process would play with our licensing system. It's not that easy.
The first step in being sure is to shoot the developer a personal conversation. I'm sure @Chris Deeming or @Waindigo would be happy to help.
Sure, I don't see why not.
Thanks man. I'm really shocked that in this 28 page there has not been one template shared for noobs like me. smfh.

When there is a way to extend the features of your addon it does have something to do with Simple Forms. That's why you'll see several resource authors list links of resources either from themselves or others that enhance the experience of that resource.
That's not entirely accurate. That's a third-party addon that someone created which is not default functionality of XenForo. It's impossible for addon developers to support every other addon created within their own. Now if you want to install it and test yourself, that's great. However, this isn't something we can absolutely support. I still see no reason why we would have involvement with this because there is nothing we can do to our addon to make it work with that one. You just simply login as them and submit the form...
Will this eventually be done though? There's plenty of posts asking for this feature in your thread and even requests on your site.
Yes, I don't see why it wouldn't be developed. It's just a matter of timing really.
Xenforo gives us ratings by default.
View attachment 51292
That's not what I meant. There is no custom field type that has ratings functionality. We are using the default custom field types supported by XenForo.
The first step in being sure is to shoot the developer a personal conversation. I'm sure @Chris Deeming or @Waindigo would be happy to help.
This still wouldn't help us. We are using third-party software to control the licensing and distribution of our addon. We would have to investigate this ourselves. Unless Chris is also using WHMCS, it wouldn't really make a difference. Until we have the time to investigate this (and the requests for this has been very low), we will not be adding support.

It seems to be a very long discussion. My query is:

Can we create a form in which destination will automatically switch as per the field/word selection. ?

I mean to say can we have drop down in fields and choosing the fields from drop down will automatically send the info to particular email I'd.

Is there a feature that lets you print all forms within a given forum, by a user, within a given time frame?
I don't understand what you're asking, but there is no printing functionality to speak of. If you're saying to print submissions, no. I mean the submissions merely go to you in emails, PM, thread and posts. If you would like to print them, simply print them in via forum.

I just bought this, installed it and setup my license in the options of it and when i view the form list i get the following errors:

Server Error
Undefined index: LOCAL_ADDR

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in LiquidPro/SimpleForms/Option/LicenseKey.php at line 70
  2. LiquidPro_SimpleForms_Option_LicenseKey::_checkLicense() in LiquidPro/SimpleForms/Option/LicenseKey.php at line 41
  3. LiquidPro_SimpleForms_Option_LicenseKey::VerifyLicense() in LiquidPro/SimpleForms/EventListener.php at line 138
  4. LiquidPro_SimpleForms_EventListener::ControllerPreDispatch()
  5. call_user_func_array() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 54
  6. XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 305
  7. XenForo_Controller->preDispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 312
  8. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  9. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /******/www/index.php at line 13

How do i fix that?

I don't understand what you're asking, but there is no printing functionality to speak of. If you're saying to print submissions, no. I mean the submissions merely go to you in emails, PM, thread and posts. If you would like to print them, simply print them in via forum.
Online forms with no print feature? o_O

Online forms with no print feature? o_O
Once again, I have no idea what you're looking for. You simply asked if you could print forms. What are you trying to print? The form generated by the software or the results as they are submitted?

Perhaps explain what you're looking for a little better.

Top Bottom