Similar Threads Plus

Similar Threads Plus 2.0

No permission to download
the usual similarthread allows to search only in the same forum or in all forums

This one (with ES) doesn't - it seems to always search in the same forum ; is there a fix I could apply on v1.4 to have that on/OFF feature back ?

Last edited:
I like this plugin but my I can see error log in my ACP. Please see the attachment why I am having this error log?1.webp

Because your elastic search isn't enabled.

And I can see you haven't this installed at all.
Should be seen on the left side under the tool menu.

Because your elastic search isn't enabled.

And I can see you haven't this installed at all.
Should be seen on the left side under the tool menu.
thanks for the reply, how I can enable elastic search please as I am totally new to this forum.
I have installed many addons don't know why this one is like that...

How would i show it to guests, but only when they come from search engine? Tried it with conditional below, but can't implement it correctly. This prevents google from crawling the similar thread links.

<xen:if is="{$visitor.from_search}">

the usual similarthread allows to search only in the same forum or in all forums

This one (with ES) doesn't - it seems to always search in the same forum ; is there a fix I could apply on v1.4 to have that on/OFF feature back ?
I'd actually like this feature as well before upgrading to Plus - to include results from all forums.

It seems (from screenshots) that the Plus version doesn't have this option.

@AndyB can you add it back?

Interestingly enough, we're still using the regular Similar Threads (non-plus),

The regular version works fine and we do have ElasticSearch/Enhanced Search set up.

I wonder do we even need to update to Plus? Is the Plus better optimized for ElasticSearch?

Thanks again for your awesome dedication Andy.

Do I need both Enhanced Search and ElasticSearch to use this?
I have Enhanced search but I cant get any similar hits. I have enable it in the permissions...
Requirements:

Enhanced Search 1.1.6 or newer
ElasticSearch v5.0.0 or newer

If you're using ElasticSearch v2x, please use Similar Threads Plus v1.4.

If you're using ElasticSearch v1x, please upgrade to ElasticSearch v5x.

@AndyB

I've upgraded my elasticsearch server version to 6 RC1 and reindex everything on my forum for now xenforo search system works perfectly and faster BUT your plugin (v 1.7) doesn't show similar threads below of thread and doesn't retrieve similar threads while typing the new thread title.

I think somethings should be upgrade on your codes.

P.S: XenForo Enhanced Search version 1.7 installed on my forum.

The normal version of this addon worked great. I have noticed our search was slightly lacking in the results, so I bought enhanced search, installed elastic search on my server and moved to this addon. Seems to be working well, thanks!

I'm still testing this, but I believe that this is showing people threads from other sections of a forum where they may not have permission to view.

Example:
Site member has access to forums: A, B & C
Site member does not have access to forum D.
Site member is reading a thread from forum B but the Similar Threads Plus results are showing threads from 'Forum D' where they shouldn't be able to see the content. (It shows title and name of forum where they shouldn't be able to see due to no access by user group permissions)

Can anyone reproduce this? Got a number of reports saying people were seeing things that they believe they shouldn't. Permissions were intact, they couldn't actually click on and view the thread, but the title and forum name was enough to cause some concern.

Edit: 2/7/2018 - Since there's been no update, we've pulled this from our site until design and actual intended function can be validated.

Last edited:
Top Bottom