- Compatible XF 1.x versions
- 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5
Shows a list of similar threads when a user is creating or viewing a thread.
(Example of Similar Threads shown during thread creation)
(Example of Options page)
(Example of User Group Permissions)
Enhanced Search 1.1.6 or newer
ElasticSearch v5.0.0 or newer
If you're using ElasticSearch v2x, please use Similar Threads Plus v1.4.
If you're using ElasticSearch v1x, please upgrade to ElasticSearch v5x.
- All phrases start with similarthreadsplus_ for your convenience.
- Download similarthreadsplus_v1.7.zip and unzip it.
- Upload the Andy folder to your server. The correct location is library/Andy.
- From your Admin Control Panel, go to the "Install Add-on" page.
- Upload the addon-SimilarThreadsPlus_v1.7.xml file.
- Click the Install Add-on button.
Normally you will want to set "Allow" for the following two user groups:
Unregistered / Unconfirmed
Question and Answers:
Q: Do I ever have to rebuild the search or thread indexes to use this add-on?
Q: Are thread titles and posts searched?
A: Only thread titles are searched.
Q: Is the "View threads by others" set to Revoke honored?
Q: Why does this add-on search only the current forum topic?
A: This add-on is designed for larger forums. Ideally forum topics will contain thousands of threads and limiting to the one forum topic will provide the best on topic results.
Sending a donation:
If you like this add-on, please consider sending a small donation.