Sim City - EA are greedy *******s Thread.

I don't know if I should say this or not, but to those that bought the game, there is a version were you can play offline atm, just look around.

Unless it's a third party patch, you can't play it offline. Plus I'd be weary using a third-party patch... you don't know what presents could be inside it.

I'd be skeptical of any such claims.

You'd most likely end up with a fairly handicapped game (though, I guess being able to play something is better than not being able to play anything). From what I've seen, the always-online mode isn't solely used for DRM purposes, they're offloading some of the simulation and computations (especially those that facilitate server-wide/regional economies -- which is a huge part of this SimCity game) as well. The local client itself saves minimal game state.

They really should allow people to run their own servers (for offline game play). Hell, bake it into the client.

I doubt you will ever be able to play this game offline with a hacked version. The weather, sim simulation, and more are ran off of the EA servers which if you don't have the source to you pretty much can't duplicate it to what it is.

I doubt you will ever be able to play this game offline with a hacked version. The weather, sim simulation, and more are ran off of the EA servers which if you don't have the source to you pretty much can't duplicate it to what it is.
I believe that to be untrue from what I've read. The game is constantly pinging EA's servers for saving purposes every 2-3 minutes, but if for some reason you don't have a connection after initially logging in the game will operate just fine for up to 2o(?) minutes before it will kick you out due to needing to be connected to the server.

I've been playing the game quite a bit recently (no issues at all) and I'm really enjoying it (checked on origin at the dlc's) bit pricey for a building there's no way i'm purchasing 3 buildings for £30, but the game itself is really good, the depth of it is also not to bad and will keep you interested so seems like the servers are running good. Now that i've said that what is the bet they slow down. #jinxingself

We will be firing up petitions and campaigns on EA yet again, (Always-Online DRM + Industry-wide return policy ) You think they would have learned something after the Mass Effect 3 debacle. :rolleyes:

de57fcdb8728aae8d4a348b933c1f0ed.png

HURRY UP AND DOWNLOAD FOWHTFGROWEHTOWEH

If that is the initial patch Taylor that is the full game update (11gig) from what I read.

Yeah it is :/. I wouldn't have to download as much if I actually downloaded the beta that I was in but I didn't have internet at the time.

I'm at 19% right now...

Its really not 11 gig. Took about 20 minutes to download and install for me.

As long as you dont stupidly pick a full server (it tells you which ones are busy) you're fine. It was absolutely pants for a couple of days, but has been working perfectly fine the last 3 or 4 days now.

Server problems asside, it's actually a great game.

Especially since you get get it for half the price by using the origin loophole :P

Its really not 11 gig. Took about 20 minutes to download and install for me.

As long as you dont stupidly pick a full server (it tells you which ones are busy) you're fine. It was absolutely pants for a couple of days, but has been working perfectly fine the last 3 or 4 days now.

Server problems asside, it's actually a great game.

Especially since you get get it for half the price by using the origin loophole :p

Trouble is if you want to continue working on your city and the server is full you won't be able to since you have to connect to the same server you built this city in. (From what I read)

Totally agree, it's actually a really good game and thoroughly enjoying playing it (no issues with that whatsoever.

Oh yeah, do tell. :P

Trouble is if you want to continue working on your city and the server is full you won't be able to since you have to connect to the same server you built this city in. (From what I read)

Totally agree, it's actually a really good game and thoroughly enjoying playing it (no issues with that whatsoever.

Oh yeah, do tell. :p

What the freak....

Oh yeah, do tell. :p
Yeah that'll be a problem. Thankfully it's not happened to me yet, but I'm sure it will!

The origin loop hole is basically that if you go into the Indian Origin store, the prices are a lot lower. You can enter your own address, and set India to the country, and the prices get slashed. There was a thread about it on reddit - thousands of people used it. I used it myself, game was confirmed and in origin within a couple of minutes and I was charged £17.99 instead of £44.99 - no brainer! :D

Yeah that'll be a problem. Thankfully it's not happened to me yet, but I'm sure it will!

The origin loop hole is basically that if you go into the Indian Origin store, the prices are a lot lower. You can enter your own address, and set India to the country, and the prices get slashed. There was a thread about it on reddit - thousands of people used it. I used it myself, game was confirmed and in origin within a couple of minutes and I was charged £17.99 instead of £44.99 - no brainer! :D

Nicely done, Rick. I'm impressed. :D

Hehe. I dont mind paying £17.99 but it really wasn't worth £44.99 to me! Especially given the poor launch as the fact that well....it's EA :p

Oh I agree. what about the DLC's? Do you think you could do the same and purchase from the indian store at the lower cost? They have 3 DLC's priced at £9 something which is utterly ridiculous.

Top Bottom