Sim City - EA are greedy *******s Thread.

I was pretty excited about this game, haven't bought it due to the price and issues encountered, will probably wait for a sale now that I've seen is not near close to what SimCity 4 or previous versions were. Like Ars Technica said, I don't really care much to see the model of each sim, I'm looking to build a city.

I'm not even going to play the game until i read that EA have fixed all the issues. Chances are if I started trying to play the game now and the issues persist (which they will) I'd probably end up giving up on the game much like i did with Diablo 3. I'm patient, kind of. :P

This really isn't a EA hate thread, I don't hate them I just don't appreciate the fact that loyal customers are screwed when EA know fine well they knew the servers couldn't cope. Seriously, Sim city has a large following, it was 10 years or so since the previous sim city, what did they expect? A couple of hundred people were going to purchase it? I don't think so, greed needs exposing when you know fine well your doing it which I'm sure the fat cats at EA know already but turn a blind eye to it.

TBH I actually feel for the developing team. They must be gutted right about now pouring all that energy and years into a product only for it to be destroyed at the first hurdle.

Okay, it may be a kind of Hate EA thread in some eyes, though I don't hate them but i think greed is not an attractive attribute to have. ;)

This really isn't a EA hate thread, I don't hate them I just don't appreciate the fact that loyal customers are screwed when EA know fine well they knew the servers couldn't cope. Seriously, Sim city has a large following, it was 10 years or so since the previous sim city, what did they expect? A couple of hundred people were going to purchase it? I don't think so, greed needs exposing when you know fine well your doing it which I'm sure the fat cats at EA know already but turn a blind eye to it.

TBH I actually feel for the developing team. They must be gutted right about now pouring all that energy and years into a product only for it to be destroyed at the first hurdle.

Okay, it may be a kind of Hate EA thread in some eyes, though I don't hate them but i think greed is not an attractive attribute to have. ;)
Sometimes it's ok to hate...

I do and have been enjoying watching the vent sim city videos at youtube. Compensates for the gaming issues :p
omg I wanna see these. People complaining about their videogame life which is about their life in a videogame.

I like it. I don't think it was necessary to make it a 100% online experience though.

I played it a few times over the last days, I didn't have any server issues except on the first night.

I love Sim City and feel like I've been waiting for this game for decades :coffee:
I have not purchased it yet. To be honest, I decided to wait a bit so that I could spend more time on xenForo. I'm not a fan of Origin either.

Waiting for the mac version or for someone to make an offline crack. If this comes out I'm happy to pay for it.

That being said, I'm not paying the crazy 'digital deluxe' price of £64.99 just for a few extra skins...pathetic that this is even a selling point.

ZEFfs4q.jpg

Top Bottom