Sim City - EA are greedy *******s Thread.

Well I bet you still have more active members than me. I have a total of 15 but hope that changes soon. Anyways.....you do have a nice looking site though.

15 is 3x more than what I have :(. I only have five active members :(

and thank you :D! I love the customizations you've done with your XenForo install :D

15 is 3x more than what I have :(. I only have five active members :(

and thank you :D! I love the customizations you've done with your XenForo install :D

Thanks. I had Russ make me a custom theme. I think that helps us alot. I know most people don't get a custom theme at first they just take a premade theme and make it suit their site but I decided to do the exact opposite. It would seem out of 20,000+ members you would have more than 5 active. I hate to hear that. I have had forums in the past the same way. Not with that many members but with a little over 1,000 with about 20 out of that active. It kinda gets you down a little.

Traffic seems to have been fixed according to people and new videos(not sure if its been released yet, its a patch)

Is it safe to give them my money yet? I want Sim City :<.......

I really want to play SimCity but after speaking with a friend of mine and talking about the AI, and how baldy designed it is, meaning it can bit fixed, if true, I'll probably have to skip it.

Traffic seems to have been fixed according to people and new videos(not sure if its been released yet, its a patch)

Is it safe to give them my money yet? I want Sim City :<.......

I've not really had a problem since the first 3 days of launch, the first 3 days were prity bad trying to connect and everything was running to a crawl after that the servers have been fine for. That being said i think that is a decision you'll have to weigh up. I quite like the game but haven't went back to it for about 5 days now.

I've not really had a problem since the first 3 days of launch, the first 3 days were prity bad trying to connect and everything was running to a crawl after that the servers have been fine for. That being said i think that is a decision you'll have to weigh up. I quite like the game but haven't went back to it for about 5 days now.

Yeah I like the game too. Haven't played it in about a week. Been trying to get my forum up and running but do plan to get back on soon.

Yeah I like the game too. Haven't played it in about a week. Been trying to get my forum up and running but do plan to get back on soon.

Ah that's understandable. :) you've put a great amount of work into it and it's paying off (Russ Also). Looking real sweet.

I keep running back to L4D2. I figured it doesn't matter which new released gamed that gets released on my wishlist (sim city was one) elite and godus are the others ready for release this year L4D2 will be the game I always run back to. :P

CitiesXL even good?

:LOL: I personally loathed the game. I purchased it whilst steam were holding a sale and it was to fill a void since Sim city (latest) was not released. I think I was always personally going to compare it but I never really (speaking for myself) played the game after trying it for 30mins -1hour kinda gave up on it.

:LOL: I personally loathed the game. I purchased it whilst steam were holding a sale and it was to fill a void since Sim city (latest) was not released. I think I was always personally going to compare it but I never really (speaking for myself) played the game after trying it for 30mins -1hour kinda gave up on it.

Well hopefully I didn't waste my money. I got the Platinum edition........don't know if that is going to make it any better or not.

Well hopefully I didn't waste my money. I got the Platinum edition........don't know if that is going to make it any better or not.

I just checked which version I got and it's Cities XL 2011 so unsure if there's a later one and fairs any better. Then again I'm probably not the best person to critique games since I am awfully picky about games and it takes a truly great game for me to get stuck into. Last time that happened was with Civilization (1st one).

I just checked which version I got and it's Cities XL 2011 so unsure if there's a later one and fairs any better. Then again I'm probably not the best person to critique games since I am awfully picky about games and it takes a truly great game for me to get stuck into. Last time that happened was with Civilization (1st one).

General game play is quite confusing.......I am slowly getting the hang of it. While it is similar to maybe older versions of SimCity it is still a long ways off from the new one.

CitiesXL even good?
A word of warning. It has a big memory leak. Tends to crash after about an hour.

It was well known with XL 2011, and basically it got bought out, the new people didnt get given access to the original code, so XL 2012 is basically 2011 with a few bits hacked into it. The memory leak from 2011 was never fixed, thus the game still has a lot of problems.

It's a good game, but I'd rate Sim City 4 above it personally.

Give Cities in Motion a try (usually discounted on Steam) - that's pretty fun. Or Tropico 4 - that's an excellent game :)

Bought the game yesterday and while it's far from perfect it ain't as bad as I've seen people complaining about, although I haven't advanced that much yet, we'll see how it goes from here.

Looks like EA are starting to give those affected by the launch fiasco their free game. Just got this popup when I logged into Origin.

Edit: I selected Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted.

free_game_ea.webp

Top Bottom