XF 1.2 Signup button - How to change behaviour?

SchmitzIT

On the default sidebar, there's a button encouraging people to sign up. The control is called "SignupButton". When clicking it, the hidden overlay at the top the page will be revealed, allowing someone to either login or signup.

I've tried pointing the button directly to the /register page, and want to suppress the overlay behaviour completely. However, I have not been able to figure out how to accomplish this.

Here's my changed code in the sidebar_visitor_panel:

Code:
<div class="section loginButton">       
    <div class="secondaryContent">
        <label for="LoginControl" id="SignupButton"><a href="/register" class="innerButton">{xen:phrase sign_up_now}</a></label>
    </div>
</div>

There's no code pointing to overlay or anything along that line. I tried renaming the control my "SignupButton" to something different, which changes the visual layout, but not the behavior. I also tried removing the "for="LoginControl" snippet, and the "loginButton" part of the div container, and it still seems hellbent on using the overlay.

Any ideas how I can change the bahavior to instead take me straight to the regitser page?

Thanks!

Try this:
Code:
<label id="SignupButton"><a href="{xen:link 'login'}" class="innerButton">{xen:phrase sign_up_now}</a></label>
I would suggest this

directly to log-in
PHP:
<label id="SignupButton"><a href="{xen:link 'login'}" class="inner">{xen:phrase sign_up_now}</a></label>

OR

directly to register
PHP:
<label id="SignupButton"><a href="{xen:link 'register'}" class="inner">{xen:phrase sign_up_now}</a></label>

Note the class & url. ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom