• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Signup and captcha

grantus

Maybe I'm missing something here, but how come there's a forums/register page and also the quick register that drops down from the top of the page?

With the quick register, you enter just some simple info and I think because of this I'm getting hit with lots of spam registrations. Am I doing something wrong? Because I see the option to enable captcha for registrations but I don't see the captcha for the quick register - is that right?

I don't see the point in having the quick register since it's too easy for spammers to sign up. Can someone help me out here?

Thanks.

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
What quick register?

Is that an add-on?

The form that drops down from the top of the page is the sign in/sign up form. If you select sign up for an account you can supply your e-mail address/desired username and then you're taken to the full blown Registration page - just that you'd have your desired username or e-mail address filled in already. If you have captcha enabled, then you will get a captcha on that page.

There is no "quick registration" feature.

grantus

Ah you're right! LOL I just realized what I was saying. I've been at this a few hours trying to shut down these spammers. Mods, you can close this thread. Thanks for the reply though!