XF 1.5 Significant Problem with v1.5.3

RSI

Hello,

I recently just installed (upgraded) to the v1.5.3 maintenance release and one on my members tried to post with the link in it below and all hell broke loose.

http://w2dtc.com/w2dtc-hi-fi-viking-ii-page.htm

For whatever reason the below pops up and it's caused a significant problem. I've had Auto Link Rebuild installed for some time and when I went into tools and tried to run it the same type of error happens and it screws everything up and gets caught in an unfinished task state. Even if I restore My SQL from a backup and uninstall that add-on the same thing happens again when I try to make a post with the same link.

Anyway, how to correct this?

An exception occurred: preg_match(): Delimiter must not be alphanumeric or backslash in /home/me/public_html/library/XenForo/Helper/Media.php on line 56

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
preg_match() in XenForo/Helper/Media.php at line 56
XenForo_Helper_Media->_convertMediaLinkToEmbedHtml() in XenForo/Helper/Media.php at line 39
XenForo_Helper_Media::convertMediaLinkToEmbedHtml() in XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/BbCode/AutoLink.php at line 231
XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_BbCode_AutoLink->_autoLinkUrl() in XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/BbCode/AutoLink.php at line 132
XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_BbCode_AutoLink->autoLinkTag()
call_user_func() in XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php at line 745
XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderValidTag() in XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php at line 652
XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTag() in XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php at line 565
XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTreeElement() in XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php at line 546
XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderSubTree() in XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php at line 526
XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTree() in XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/BbCode/AutoLink.php at line 79
XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_BbCode_AutoLink->renderTree() in XenForo/BbCode/Parser.php at line 505
XenForo_BbCode_Parser->render() in XenForo/Helper/String.php at line 253
XenForo_Helper_String::autoLinkBbCode() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 515
XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/me/public_html/index.php at line 13

Last edited:
You have a BB code media site that isn't defined properly -- it's defined as a regex, but it's not valid. Unfortunately, the error doesn't make it clear which one, but if you have any add-ons that deal with BB code media sites, I would look at any one they have changed. (Or any ones you've added or customized.)

Top Bottom