Implemented  Signature in profile

Nick

I recently disabled signatures since everybody started using those stats bars, but sometimes I like to see a member's signature, either because they referenced it in their post (e.g., "check out the second link in my sig for more info") or I'm just curious. Instead of me having to go to my control panel and enable signatures, refresh the thread, see the signature, then go back and re-disable signatures, it'd be nice to be able to simply go to the user's profile and see their signature perhaps on the "Info" tab.

Upvote 7
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Sounds good to me. I like to do that when reviewing people sigs from their profile, sometimes "not nice" things are in sigs, some of those people have not even posted yet (on our forum).

I recently disabled signatures since everybody started using those stats bars, but sometimes I like to see a member's signature, either because they referenced it in their post (e.g., "check out the second link in my sig for more info") or I'm just curious. Instead of me having to go to my control panel and enable signatures, refresh the thread, see the signature, then go back and re-disable signatures, it'd be nice to be able to simply go to the user's profile and see their signature perhaps on the "Info" tab.
Works for me (and I disabled sigs for the same reason myself).

Totally on board with that, I hate signatures. They break up the flow of the conversation and they often take up more space than the post, so that you have to hunt for the actual content amongst dancing emoticons and all the colored fonts and the COME SEE MY SITE! and so on. And it drives me mad to have to read the same quote 50 times a thread. Mad, I tell you! (If I snap, it's your fault quoters!) :p (Not really - I turned sigs off awhile back.)

-1! (just to be controversial!)
no.gif

Yesterday I was thinking about a "quick show" feature for sigs, but showing them in profiles will be less of a hassle.

Top Bottom